No announcement yet.

Premier seeds direct....on Ebay

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used them for several years. Never had any problems.

Comment

I have had a few problems with seeds bought early this year.
      Baby sweet corn ended up as 10ft tall maize. Parsley turned out to be something similar looking but even one leaf was so bitter and bad tasting it was inedible.
      Pak Choi bared no resemblance to the photo on eBay, so after the previous two problems I lost trust and did not want to eat it.
      Attached Files

Comment

In their defence ... re minipop sweetcorn - the mini refers to the size of the corn cobs which you remove while they are immature for eating. It doesn't refer to the size of the plant! It does grow taller than many ordinary size sweetcorn, because it is never ripening any cobs.
        Italian Giant parsley just is a much stronger flavour than ordinary parsley. Kings Seeds notes
        It boasts a good strong flavour
        I don't know what your 'pak choi' did look like, so can't comment on that 'problem'

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
          In their defence ... re minipop sweetcorn - the mini refers to the size of the corn cobs which you remove while they are immature for eating. It doesn't refer to the size of the plant! It does grow taller than many ordinary size sweetcorn, because it is never ripening any cobs.
          Italian Giant parsley just is a much stronger flavour than ordinary parsley. Kings Seeds notes

I don't know what your 'pak choi' did look like, so can't comment on that 'problem'
          The corn did not start producing it's cobs until it was 6ft tall, it produced just two and they were never in a small immature form for for picking. I know what baby sweetcorn plants look like, they produce multiple cobs and do not grow to 10ft and produce just two cobs with rock hard kernels.
          As for the parsley, I have grown that variety before and the plant I grew this time was not edible parsley. Judging by the taste, Mother Nature was telling me it was not something to be eaten unless you fancy being ill.

Comment

Donksey, here's an old thread about minipop
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...grow_8813.html
            Have you grown them before or was this the first time?
            If you're unhappy about seeds you have bought, its a good idea to take photos to show the supplier what has grown and contact them. I'm sure Premier seeds would welcome the opportunity to comment.
            Returns & Exchanges - Premier Seeds Direct

Comment

Just realised, the start of this thread is 9 years old in case anyone doesn’t notice at first like me.

Kind Regards......Rob

Comment

^^ Yes, I got a couple of messages in before I realised!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
                  Just realised, the start of this thread is 9 years old in case anyone doesn’t notice at first like me.

Kind Regards......Rob
                  ..........and there are a few posts in it from Mono-posters who are probably Im-posters as they're praising companies - then never return!

Comment

It's a Dr Who moment!
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...