No announcement yet.

I have a little secret or two.........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not special at all Jay I just prefer dogs to people.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Not everyone would take these oldies Lumpy so I’m going to stick with special!
      sigpic

Comment

There are huge benefits having an older dog. By older I mean 6+
        As long as it has not been too badly abused so has pschological issues it won't need much excercise - good for me as I'm allergic to it. They tend to be house trained. Many have an up to date injection, worming and flea certificate. Rescues neuter. They prefer sprawling anywhere to most other forms of entertainment.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Stop resisting, Cad.

When the boys are older we plan to a) get a dog - possible an English Springer, as we both love them and b) start adopting older cats, because they struggle to get homes (but this probably when the boys are grown.)

Comment

1Bee - many of the recue centres are always desparate for dog walkers who turn up as and when to walk the mutts. It might be worth looking into so your boys become familiar with different kinds of dogs etc.

Comment

My brother is a dog walker for the local Dog's Home, even though he has 4 dogs of his own. First he had 2 dogs, then it was 3 and now, he also has an enormous dog that was being passed over because of her size and he found irresistible. I think he'd adopt them all if he could.
              Dog walking is a good idea to get children used to dogs and, maybe, the right one will come along and you'll just have to bring it home............It happens.

Comment

If anyone is thinking about their first dog or having another after the heartbreak of losing one a volunteer walker is the way to go.
                All sizes, shapes and temperaments.
                I do know that most springers are daft live wires that need a lot of stimulus whereas a Lab can be accepting, placid and calm under duress. A Basset sings, a nice novelty but could drive the neighbours nuts if you have one that does it. A Greyhound is bone idle but can go for smaller animals etc if it’s had a racing career. Staffies just have a bad rep thanks to our endemic hoodie population. However, these two who were bought up properly love a fuss, cope with cats and snore like warthogs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X