Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One worries for eternally sunny South Wales
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

It's not raining but the bl@@dy wind is picking up again .

Comment

Luckily we are not on a meter so are watering everything within an inch of its life
        Nannys make memories

Comment

We've had no more rain since that little splutter earlier today.
          Just proves, the sun shines on the righteous and rains on the Baldys.

Comment

As Balders drove on to the Midlands, the rainclouds dragged down the sky after him, for, though he did not know it, Balders was a Rain God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to water him.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
              As Balders drove on to the Midlands, the rainclouds dragged down the sky after him, for, though he did not know it, Balders was a Rain God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to water him.
              Is that Tom Holt?

Comment

no, it's someone who Knew Where Their Towel Was...

yes, rain, please.

We were camping in North Wales. It was too hot for camping. In North Wales...

Now back home and it's too hot and dry hear too.

Comment

Here in east anglia we haven't seen rain in a long time. The early spuds are coming out or the hard ground dry. Watering at the plot has to be done with watering cans from a trough (no hosepipes), so I line the wheelbarrow in plastic (the barrow has a couple of holes). Then fill two tubs and a watering can plus a bit more water around them and head to the plot. I guess thats about 75+ Ltrs a trip. Sunday morning I did 6 trips before giving up. I got everything critical and did my best to soak the main crop potatoes otherwise they won't achieve anything. The home greenhouse and hanging baskets are managable from water butts or the outside tap if needed (the butts are getting low now).
                  There is no chance of rain here in the next week or more but temps are cooler and not likely to reach 30C this week. There is a nice breeze outside my office window accourding to theflags flying over the road.

We're off to Pembrokeshire in a couple of weeks, Carols first time and she loves walking. I have warned her it always rains in Wales! Looks like the weather is going to make a liar out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by ESBkevin View Post
                    We're off to Pembrokeshire in a couple of weeks, Carols first time and she loves walking. I have warned her it always rains in Wales! Looks like the weather is going to make a liar out of me.
                    You fibber! Don't believe him Carol, we haven't seen rain here for weeks either.

Comment

What's rain???
                      I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

It is pointless trying to do anything on the plot between 9am and about 10pm.... outside those times the temperature drops to a bearable level.

We're desperate for rain, but I really don't think we're going to get any any time soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Runtpuppy View Post
                          Is that Tom Holt?
                          As Bikermike said it's all about having your towel with you.

A towel is just about the most massively useful thing any interstellar Hitchhiker can carry. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course you can dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

You just have to love Douglas Adams
                          Last edited by Cadalot; 02-07-2018, 12:31 PM.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

He was a real hoopy frood.

Comment

I'm going to adopt a new watering system.

I'll just stand over the plants and the pool of sweat dripping off me will save the vegetation.

;-)

Comment

Now, listen this is the first part of the Elephant rain dance so please just join in.......
                                You put your fat trunk in,
                                Your fat trunk out,
                                Wigggggggle your feathers,
                                And then shout out.......,,,
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X