This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    OMG Aberdeenplotter you nailed it, most of the people I love on here are fellow nutters ! It took me a year to get into the Gardeners Rest at Christmas now I love it.
    Getting in was never a problem, it's getting out that's difficult especially if Rary thinks you've stillgot money in your pocket

Comment

I think it's extremely presumptuous to suggest that I actually like it here.
      Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
      By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
      While better men than we go out and start their working lives
      At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
        I think it's extremely presumptuous to suggest that I actually like it here.
        You have been watching JP haven't you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mju_gW3c8
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Just to explain to anyone who has not either taken part in or read the December Gardeners Rest -

Its a Crimbo get together where everyone can join in.
          Imagination is the key as anything can be introduced into the virtual pub. I bought the Tardis into play 2 years ago and it means we can all time travel.
          It don't matter how you are dressed etc in the GR virtual world. Jim jams, panto horse front ends, fluffy slippers are just an example.
          Everybody on here is welcome to come and join the chaos.

p.s Balders is joie duck vive (?) that spotty rash you get from nylon undies
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Aaah lumpy thank you...

I was wondering what this fabled GR was, where it was and if it had chocolate cake like VC’s image I needed to be involved!

That cake had my name all over it

I would be able to contribute to discussions...but only once said cake was finished

Comment

^^^^^^^
              You can have as much or any kind of cake you want in the Gardeners Rest.
              Bath in it or add it to untried and disgusting cocktails.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogs and Veg View Post
                Aaah lumpy thank you...

I was wondering what this fabled GR was, where it was and if it had chocolate cake like VC’s image I needed to be involved!

I would be able to contribute to discussions...but only once said cake was finished
                We have Birthday cakes too so make sure your birthday is on your profile and I'll make you a special one with D & V on it - or maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogs and Veg View Post
                  Aaah lumpy thank you...

In case you wonder again and aren't fussed/brave enough/other term to ask here is a thread that might help https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ses_86211.html

There is lots of cake here and it is great it is all 0 cals

Comment

It's very funny and entertaing on here,the yellow sticker antics can have you in stitches,and puppy tales,the arrival of a new pet,with supprises on board,then seeing them grow up
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

So, I come here for the info on gardening and a way to keep myself vaguely on the straight and narrow in terms of actually getting things done. Along the way I get loads of inspiration to try out new things or methods. I have a laugh and I've made loads of friends. Real friends even if we've never met.

So what really makes it is the people, members and mods alike. Light-handed modding is what makes it unlike other forums I've been a member of and lets the rest of sit back and enjoy the fun. (Cadalot is right in his description about the other place. Those of you who put the time in as moderators really make all the difference.)

Comment

Modding takes up a fair bit of time, but if everyone respects others feelings, then the job is easier and we can become almost invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                          Modding takes up a fair bit of time, but if everyone respects others feelings, then the job is easier and we can become almost invisible.
                          Who Said That?
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Even Mods go into the GR.
                            VC is a leg end in her own life time as that pointy stick was something to be fascinated/afraid/intrigued of.

A slightly more serious aspect of the GR is that not everyone has family at that time of year so even on the 'big' (Bah Humbug - can I have a star because I said it first?) day they are always people in this virtual world to keep you company.
                            It's an important function at possibly the lonliest time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              ... I come here for the info on gardening...
                              I don't know why I come on this forum...

Moth to a flame I guess...

I'm a closet nutter.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                                Getting in was never a problem, it's getting out that's difficult especially if Rary thinks you've stillgot money in your pocket
                                That's a terrible thing to say, why I am sure at least three times tho it could have been more, I offered to be on the bell, it wasn't my fault that no one was about at the time, no lottie dolly caught me,, ,,, sorry LD was having a quiet night in once and she tried to trick me into buying her a drink.
                                But its nice to see you have retired, I hope you enjoy it, but must ask why did you work on
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X