Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you can only think about Gardening when.................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you keep eyeing the hibiscus seed pods in someones front garden when you do the school run.

Comment

...........when you look at your computer keyboard and think it looks like a load of raised beds and would it make a good garden layout?

........worse still, you count the keys to see how many beds you'd need to replicate it (its 104 by the way!!)
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 13-08-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

When OH suggests going away for the weekend.
        My first thought, I dont want to go I need to be here to take care of the greenhouse,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Normally at this time of year, I start to develop firewood envy, but I'm bereft of muck... Not a scoopful left. So it'll be muck envy as well. Not sure I can cope with both. I'll go as green as spinach.

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
            When OH suggests going away for the weekend.
            My first thought, I dont want to go I need to be here to take care of the greenhouse,
            My first thought is always 'only if the neighbours are home to keep an eye on the garden'!
            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              ...........when you look at your computer keyboard and think it looks like a load of raised beds and would it make a good garden layout?

........worse still, you count the keys to see how many beds you'd need to replicate it (its 104 by the way!!)
              haha I can honestly say... I've never thought that haha The mind boggles VC!!

But I am dreaming about blackberries at the moment... and parties at my childhood home where I need to pay for a cleaner, who charges £15 per ashtray and with current team members bursting through the door jubilantly waving a packet of cigarettes around LOL
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just spent my 3 weeks of summer holiday at home in the garden! November is when I am going away... after the 1st frost.
                V.P.
                The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Should be in bed, but reading the forum instead... just have to up date the cuke count
                  V.P.

Comment

If we go to visit a stately home, SWMBO looks at me and says "You're going to want to visit the vegetable patch aren't you?" (and then I spend my time trying to see into the "off-stage" areas)

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                      Reading this post again . Are you supposed to wait till the clothes are old before doing work in the garden with them now I am beginning to understand why she cracks up as often, well one of the reasons
                      ...........when you think "clothes" is another of rary's typos and he meant "cloches".
                      My apologies rary, you never make mistakes............................

VC wanders off and uncrosses her fingers.

Comment

When you need a new pair of work shoes and end up searching for wellies you can get away with in the office....

Comment

When you can't wait for paying guests to go out so you can go and try and hunt down your one and only apple which happens to be in 'their private garden'
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

... when you realise that a handbag is a bit knackered, but looks alright from a distance and whether that would be able to provide enough drainage if you put a hydrangea in it (yes, I bought yet another one)
                            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by chillithyme View Post
                              when you are driving and have to stop at each garden centre and nursery as you are passing by, via an added 10 to 20 mile shortcut
                              Ah yes, darn tricky to load in all the garden centres on the sat nav route without him indoors noticing. Then having to act all innocent " no, I don't know why it is bringing us this way... must be traffic on the normal route!"
                              V.P.

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
                                If we go to visit a stately home, SWMBO looks at me and says "You're going to want to visit the vegetable patch aren't you?" (and then I spend my time trying to see into the "off-stage" areas)
                                Don't we all go to the kitchen gardens first? Surely that is what every visitor does?!!
                                Him indoors always want to know why I have to have a half hour chat with the gardeners...
                                V.P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X