Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bokashi update

Bokashi bin now in full swing.

It is a pleasure to use; quick and easy,and no horrid pong of rotting veg thus it can be successfully kept indoors.

A bacterial bloom has established itself very nicely over the full bin contents in the last couple of weeks. This will now be left for 21 days before using in the garden etc. Should have bought two bins, never mind, the wormery has been reinforced with more 'tigers' so the excess veg peelings etc. will be appreciated and consumed.

Hi Hils - I placed a post elsewhere about Bokashi composting, our workplace is doing an experiment in teh kitchen and I am getting the proceeds. Have already dug one bin full into the area for the courgettes. Where were you thinking of putting yours to use?
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson
      Hi Hils - I placed a post elsewhere about Bokashi composting, our workplace is doing an experiment in teh kitchen and I am getting the proceeds. Have already dug one bin full into the area for the courgettes. Where were you thinking of putting yours to use?
      Good morning JennieA,

I've not really decided yet, but as a fanatical tom grower I suspect that they will be the lucky recipients. There again, I am going to have a go at growing squashes this year and I have heard that the rascals can be voracious feeders so probably on the squash heap as well.

I grow most of my veg in containers so I quite fancy the technique of bokashi and soil in troughs for my beloved basil.

Oooooow! decisions, decisions.

Best of luck with the EM's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X