Honesty box selling

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck NG
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thank you.

The vases were only for the photo. What will actually be there is cut down plastic bottles, if people really want them they can take them

Comment

^That's good. Any kind of uncertainty or worry might put people off buying. The flowers look beautiful. I've often thought about asking if you do postal deliveries, your flower arrangements look so lovely.

Comment

There was an interesting article on Countryfile (i think) a couple of years back which discussed this. They did some trials and found that sticking a picture of a pair of eyes above the stall or above the money box increased "honesty" by about a third. It wasn't a totally scientific study as you might expect but it might be worth a go.

My daughter now gets pocket money and i also sell eggs at work. I might combine the two and encourage her to sell plants and eggs from home. I also have CCTV so it would be interesting to see which neighbours are trustworthy!!! The village shop will sell stuff on for a 10% cut so that's another option.

I will plant a few extra seeds and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            ^That's good. Any kind of uncertainty or worry might put people off buying. The flowers look beautiful. I've often thought about asking if you do postal deliveries, your flower arrangements look so lovely.
            Ah thank you. I meant to trial deliveries last year and it never happened. On my to do list this year. However all the way to Spain would be pushing it

Comment

^No, it would be to my mum in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                There's quite a few round here, most have gone to vending machines to stop the thieves, I've heard of money boxes being stolen as well as the goods on offer and we are very rural. I've never done it and I don't think I would either, Geepee is right, seems everyone thinks of themselves first these days sadly. I do barter round the village with plants and veggies that are excess.
                Yes noticed advert for 24/7 veg on way past Friday.

But then again, can't see me buying one.

Also think I'm too far off the beaten track. People would need a reason to come down the road (best part of a mile).
                Last edited by 4Shoes; 09-04-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
                  Yes noticed advert for 24/7 veg on way past Friday.

But then again, can't see me buying one.

Also think I'm too far off the beaten track. People would need a reason to come down the road (best part of a mile).
                  I'm on a very quiet lane, which goes nowhere much. Sunday afternoon I was doing a bit of mooching around near the road and 2 lots of walkers and one vehicle came past in about half an hour - felt like rush hour.

Comment

I'm on a quietish road too - mainly used by walkers and horse riders. Last evening, in the pouring rain, one of those walkers came to my door and told me I'd left my sidelights on. I didn't try to sell him anything.
                    When I'm pruning the bay trees, I put the prunings in a bucket outside the gate with a sign "Take me, I'm Bay and I'm free". They go quite quickly.

Comment

Honesty box up and running....Click image for larger version

Name:	20180408_161355-756x1008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	2377243

Comment

Very nice, Bacchus.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
                          I'm on a very quiet lane, which goes nowhere much. Sunday afternoon I was doing a bit of mooching around near the road and 2 lots of walkers and one vehicle came past in about half an hour - felt like rush hour.
                          Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          I'm on a quietish road too - mainly used by walkers and horse riders. Last evening, in the pouring rain, one of those walkers came to my door and told me I'd left my sidelights on. I didn't try to sell him anything.
                          When I'm pruning the bay trees, I put the prunings in a bucket outside the gate with a sign "Take me, I'm Bay and I'm free". They go quite quickly.
                          Good to know....

Its like a cowboy film -

The scene a wagon train - people milling about
                          One man to next says "how far you going?" (Think James Stuart)
                          Reply "To the end of the line"
                          Man - "What is there?"
                          Reply Nothing - "Just a broken down Farm and a field of grass Waist High"
                          Oh....

Comment

Is this you SP or is it NG? Its definitely not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58SB9JDHsrE
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-04-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

That was a fun one VC - the poultry arks look a lot like what I've been thinking if making. Must say the area it was filmed in looks much tidier and more up-to-date than the sort of countryside I'm used to.

BTW how come the egg-o-matic delivered the egg box upside-down to the lady ? (poor production values for a staged shot by the film unit perhaps )

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Is this you SP or is it NG? Its definitely not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58SB9JDHsrE
                                You got me. Got the idea after getting some milk down the road from me Dad (although they can afford new machines). https://www.milkvendingmachinesuk.co.uk/ I don't know where that green work coat has got to, that was my best one as well

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X