X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
    Grrrrr.....spitting cobs

So, eye clinic yesterday at 10.20. Still got shingles in left eye and cheek.
    Consultant says back in 3 weeks (it’s 4 as there are no appointments) and use this cream and eye drops 5 times a day.
    Off to internal pharmacy which is a private one. No stocks of meds. Delivery today even though no drops and 2 lots of cream which should have been 5.
    Just one tube of cream and one of each bottle of drops to use for the next two weeks. It won’t last that long as very small.
    Phones pharmacy via hospital switchboard. Pharmacist, who is NOT a consultant has decided that I don’t need the x3 that was added to the prescription by THE doctor who knows what’s what.

I always fancied a guide dog.
    Suggest phone the consultants secretary tomorrow, explain that the pharmacy has only supplied part of what he/she recommended, and ask if the consultant could issue you with a prescription which you could take to a different pharmacy outside the hospital.
    Last thing you want is not to get properly treated, just because the hospital pharmacy wasn’t carrying enough stock of the meds you’ve been recommended to take!

My dad had similar problems a few months back, though not eye related...

Comment

• That poor Lumpy is still suffering. Chin up lass
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Having had shingles in the summer (thankfully on the back of my head, so not involving my eye) I FULLY agree with Chestnut...go for it Lumpy!

My rant is that I don't think she was cared for fairly....she's the one being affected....she wouldn''t have had the medication prescribed if she didn't need it!

Go for it lass...put yourself first for a change!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My rant is that there are times when an official complaint is needed up the line. That pharmacist should have an official warning placed on record or be sacked.

Comment

• My rant...
            One family member who has been and is and clearly always will be so arrogant they could do with a head transplant.

Merry Christmas to you too...yeh , right

Comment

• Great.
              Second rant of the day.

I have spent ages making a personalized book mark for OH and just laminated it.

Yep...it's managed to wrap itself around inside the machine and there are no screws to access the inside

Ahhhhhh.....

And if I ask OH to help me then he'll see what I made him.

Hopefully when it's cooled down I'll find some way of prizing it open without breaking
              ...and hopefully I can recover intact the said piece of craftwork

Stuuuupid????...moi????

Comment

• I went Christmas shopping today. I couldn’t do it earlier as I have had a somewhat expensive time recently. My eldest and his oh wanted a chiminea. So 4 garden centres later I found some. The reason given for not stocking them in one of those I visited was that they are out of fashion and people want “fire pits”. Hmmmh. I’m trying to imagine a fire pit on the balcony of a flat. I’ve actually been quite rude about Wyevale recently and them turning garden centres into department stores, but they were so helpful and tried hard to help.

I also can’t get some flower tubers for a present. Whilst i’m aware that this is not their planting time, the tubers will overwinter away from frost, so why can’t I buy them as a present for planting later.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Second rant having read Rary’s comment about traffic. I was heading for a carpark and drove forward when the lights were green. There was no yellow hatched box and as far as I know priority is for those coming from the right. No one gave way to me and I ended up blocking the road when the lights changed. I couldn’t go anywhere and I had other drivers honking and putting fingers up at me. It only needed one driver to my left to let me in (as I had priority) but they wouldn’t. Nightmare. Nice man kindly let me in eventually.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• I wish I could have a head transplant,I’m so ill my head hurts,really bad cold & cough,still haven’t got all the presents needed,I’d like to sleep off the illness but have to go out & we need cat food,I have to do supermarket & town shops it’s horrendous! One thing that’s helping me survive this festive time is looking forward to seed sowing in January,my composts over there waiting. It’s nice to escape the world & think of what to sow etc

Comment

• My rant is why other peeps in a position off trust,think it's ok to over ride a consultant,that has done loads more studying,by undermining them,it's like DR receptionist,saying if you need a DR at all,where all behind you and yours lass.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• My rant is just about the traffic.
                        The past week has been manic.
                        Not very important in the great scheme of things,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Only a minor rant. I have been an Agatha Christie fan for years since my husband brought me a box home from a car boot sale containing every book she'd ever written which I waded through. I have also enjoyed all the varying Poirrots and Marples on tv until tonight. If Agatha Christie could have seen the latest 3 part BBC offering I'm sure she'd turn in her grave. What a load of .........................

Comment

• Just tried to phone through a repeat prescription for catheters only to get answering machine message saying they are closed because of bank holiday! The last one was Thursday and the next is Tuesday.
                            Luckily I've always worked on a safe margin. Just hope they're open Monday.
                            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Fizzing mad at damage to her ladyship's car while sitting in our driveway. Passenger side mirror totally ripped off and removed. Part of a spate of similar type damage including both mirrors damaged on a vehicle owned by a carer whilst she was helping put an eldery gentleman to bed on Christmas Day evening. Really horrible to be happening in our wee village.
                              Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 29-12-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Another bank holiday gripe.
                                So much for customer service! Nationwide blocked credit card renewal of house insurance. Had to listen to the BS about the call being recorded. After selecting "2" then entering all sixteen digits of card number and the three digit security code I get recorded message saying they are closed for bank holiday and to call tomorrow. Why couldn't they say that from the start. Luckily used another card which uses 21st century tech and just needs SMS.
                                Last edited by DannyK; 01-01-2019, 12:35 PM.
                                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X