Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who want a meeting about everything, even meetings about having meetings. I've lost most of my time stuck in meetings with Muppets today, who were clearly under qualified to even dress themselves let alone do their jobs.

Being a grumpy old man I'm afraid I may have told them as much too They can stick that in their "going forward" pipe and smoke it.

Comment

• People asking the same questions repeatedly

Comment

• Spent 45 mins hunting my coat, only to ‘discover’ it was hiding in plain sight!

Comment

• Were you wearing it, Chestnut?

My rant: Two colds in a row. I've been telling everyone that my cough is just lingering on from the last cold, but I've felt so awful the past few days that I'm sure I've got a new one. I'm getting short of breath walking up stairs and I had to have a sit down after getting the washing out of the washing machine earlier.

Comment

• Just got an email confirming my membership of Amazon Prime.
            Damned if I know how that happened! Bought some thornproof gloves last week. Maybe clicked accidentally on wrong box.
            You have to be so careful when choosing delivery options.
            Have cancelled it.
            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• ^^^^ wasn’t wearing it, it was on front passsenger seat of car...

Today’s rant= blocked in work car park by someone who decided not to look for a marked bay. I don’t rate my chances of getting a new front door key cut by 5pm!
              Last edited by Chestnut; 05-12-2018, 06:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Standing at the bus stop for over 45 minutes before one turned up. They should be along every 15 mins
                Of course the first bus was full, so had to wait another 15 mins. So standing for an hour in pouring rain and cold, now got aching knees.

Comment

• This cold has gone to my chest, can’t stop coughing. Enough said.
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• The ridiculous amount of chest infections already this winter. Need to get my youngest checked out and fingers crossed it is caught soon enough and she is fine for her big performance Tuesday.

Comment

• Rushed downstairs to answer doorbell. Nobody there, bod comes back through gate.
                      "Just been working at neighbour's we've got a chipper".
                      They offered to take top off conifer. What is it with these imbeciles, give them a chainsaw and they think they are tree surgeons. Beheaded conifers look awful and their spread increases.
                      Where is this mysterious neighbours place? Not heard saw or chipper all morning.

Thelma, don't move to TfL area. Our august mayor is not only cutting bus frequencies, but foreshortening routes.
                      Last edited by DannyK; 06-12-2018, 12:41 PM.
                      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Important delivery due today. Needed for the weekend. Gave my work address, makes sense as there's always somebody here that can sign. Not in tomorrow. No sign of said delivery STILL despite having rung supplier earlier from a landline phone and been assured that yes, your order is out for delivery today, but no, we can't tell you when to expect it (very helpful). I am still here and hoping against hope it still comes, but from the road it looks like the place is otherwise all shut up. That shouldn't matter because a simple phone call would allow me to drive round and open the gate. However, the no. the courier has to reach me on is my mobile. On... 02!! Just excellent! Timing beautiful as always.....

Comment

• MYHERMES delivery drivers!!!! I would like to swear but I'm assuming she who waves a pointy stick is lurking

Comment

• Beware automated robot call on your land line informing you that it's BT and that your broadband IP Address and computer has been hacked then gives you a list of options 1 to speak to an operative 2 etc.

I Guessed it was a hoax and phoned BT to confirm the number is 01280318008 if you have caller display.

I now have BT 1572 Service and can just add these numbers to my Banned list.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Not chatting............
                              I have a couple of those calls everyday - the tel. no changes every time. Sometimes its not an automated voice but a "real" person.
                              I use 1572 too but you can olny block the number if you've answered the call - not if its a number you don't like the look of and suspect is spam and ignore.

Comment

• Not chatting either, I just ask them if they know how IP addresses are assigned. They hang up.
                                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X