This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for your loss Lumpy

Bloody Architects - You inform them that they have drawn something that is impossible to build, you mark up photographs showing them how it can be made to work. You highlight their drawing to show them the stupidity of their ways and make it as idiot proof as possible to get a revised drawing where the sections in one direction match up with the section in the other direction and they still Duck it UP !

I don't get paid to be QA for these companies, I'm just trying to protect the person having the extension built and their neighbours so that an equally stupid contractor does not try and follow the impossible drawings.

I really need to see if I can properly retire !
    Last edited by Cadalot; 02-11-2018, 03:29 PM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Secondary/Overflow Fridge Freezer just packed in. Going to have to squeeze it in somewhere.

Was handy in the byre and useful for that spare beer or two.

Friday - ho hum
      Last edited by 4Shoes; 02-11-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Third bite of the Cherry and the architect is still not looking or understanding what I have sent him and how one section of his drawing does not line up with another section of his drawing. This woman has not got a 3D mind in any way shape or form!

I should have collected these mistakes over the years and should have produced a book for the RIBA
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• That Cads blood is a pumping thanks to an apparent architect.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Cads Blood is a pumping due to the shear stupidity of the person doing the drafting and the total lack of supervision, Quality Assurance or checking of the work by the company undertaking the work . I have mentored many a graduate and person under training, but this one really takes the biscuit, I have sent marked up drawings and explanations in order to protect their client and his neighbours from their total incompetence and spent time I can not charge for because I have given a lump sum price for the job.

CAD is also pissed off that he has once again got to remove the long hair from the wet room shower gully pot as the water is not flowing away because darling daughter is loosing hair like a shaggy dog going into Winter and blocking drain within four weeks of the last clear out.

I have a number 2 - 4 all over so it's not me, and it can't be the wife. Me thinks it's time to instruct her on how to do this job, because if anything ever happens to me the house will flood within a couple of months. There again I have only just manged to train her to empty the hover, she always manages to get out of that one until last week as I have had enough.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• That Cad would be lost without the company and help.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• That THOSE adverts have started invading the TV.
                It’s only the beginning of November for feck sake.

Comment

• Alright Cadders? Lumpers?

Can't do anything to help - how annoying
                  sigpic
                  1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Shipyard in next door village closing despite gov. offer of £64 million contract. Babcock my arse (so to speak)

200 direct jobs gone plus god knows how many in the supply chain - not a lot else around these parts other than tourism...
                    sigpic
                    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• That one particular plot holder who has two plots at different ends of the site and upsets and argues with all the plot holders around him because he does not respect his neighbours and uses their plots to access the boundary on his plot and fills the paths with crap thus restricting access to the plots at the back of the site. He hogs the water stand pipe during the summer and has threatened physical harm should someone turn the hose off, when he has left it spraying un attended.

He is now moving the boundary and has planted on what is clearly his new neighbours plot and demanding a path way, problem is the management company are scared of this individual as he has threatened to use the race card and state that he is the one being victimised, when clearly it's nothing to do with race and more to do with land grabbing and disrespect for his neighbours and fellow plot holders.
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 05-11-2018, 12:06 PM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                        That one particular plot holder who has two plots at different ends of the site and upsets and argues with all the plot holders around him because he does not respect his neighbours and uses their plots to access the boundary on his plot and fills the paths with crap thus restricting access to the plots at the back of the site. He hogs the water stand pipe during the summer and has threatened physical harm should someone turn the hose off, when he has left it spraying un attended.

He is now moving the boundary and has planted on what is clearly his new neighbours plot and demanding a path way, problem is the management company are scared of this individual as he has threatened to use the race card and state that he is the one being victimised, when clearly it's nothing to do with race and more to do with land grabbing and disrespect for his neighbours and fellow plot holders.
                        Nightmare! I was in a budgeting meeting this morning where the allotment plot rents were discussed. The Town Council are responsible for the cost of the water used and it had nearly tripled from the average cost of previous years, so the rent is going up quite considerably, but still reasonable in comparison with other sites.

My rant. The new neighbour who has moved in opposite and thinks he has a god given right to park his huge Mercedes on the side of the road in front of his house all day and night and where it is illegal. It’s even more galling that he has 2 private parking spaces behind his house. The police don’t have the manpower to police parking in this town though it’s their responsibility.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Revision G of the drawing arrived today, it's still wrong but right enough that I can included within the Party Wall Award. The ineptitude of the person drafting this and what appears to be the total lack of any form of supervision, mentoring or checking of what's going out of the door by this company is quite frankly appalling. I have tried to explain to this person in words and sketches what it wrong and they just don't appear to understand the most basic of drawing and building concepts.

Bolt on the foldaway wheelchair fell out somewhere, had to get onto supplier for a replacement as specific to the chair, then Mrs C tells me one of her rings has fallen off somewhere so a massive hunt has been undertaken to find it to no avail, I'm scared to go for a Pee now, as these things normally happen in 3's
                          Last edited by Cadalot; 06-11-2018, 02:33 PM.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Have a wasps nest in the shed! A thing of Beauty don't get me wrong, how do they do that?

But scares the crap out of me!

I hate wasp's, Mice n Rat's, I need to grow a pair surely! ...............
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• What mice and rats?

Once the wasps have gone, leave the nest in situ Deano, wasps don't reuse nests and it will deter future nests

My rant...people who are always negative and bemoan social status
                              Last edited by Greenleaves; 06-11-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• ^GL, my mum to a T on some days. Drives me mad, especially as I feel obliged to bite my tongue.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X