Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with people who are "supposed to be" construction professionals Alans Allotment: Construction Stupidity!
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Otters that can climb!!

Comment

• Horrible day today.

Rough day in work. Very busy and stressful. Lots of stuff that needed dealing with urgently all at once and my juniors did something a bit daft (twice!) in the middle of it all (nothing catastrophic, but it made for extra work for me). I got a bit terse with them which makes me feel terrible, especially when they were brilliant the rest of the day and worked so hard to deal with lots of complex things so that I could focus where I was most needed.

We finished late. I hate finishing late for myself but, even worse, it makes me feel guilty that I haven't got my juniors out on time.

I spent some time after finishing work helping a colleague polish a job application, which was really rewarding. Except, when I finally went to leave work, it was really, really late. One of my other colleagues had brought me some of her father's homegrown tomatoes and a cucumber, but I was so late leaving she thought I had gone without them and sent them home with someone else! (She did give me a lift home instead, which I was very grateful for.)

Got home to find a two week late ebay order on my doormat and an email from the seller requesting feedback. Had loads of problems with communication from the seller (including him telling fibs about posting the item when he hadn't) and delivery and left honest (negative) feedback to that effect. Almost immediately received an abusive email from the seller. Put me in a bit of a tizzy, as this person has my full name and address and is clearly unhinged and impulsive. Have complained to ebay about them but they have pretty much just fobbed me off (probably for the best, or he might really get mad).

Am now shattered but completely wound up from the day's events and unlikely to sleep soon. Also hungry, but really can't face cooking. And the weekend is going to speed by. Humph.

Comment

• I was looking after my tomato plants well,watering everyday & twice for the plum shaped varieties who are a bit BER sensitive,all was going well then we had two days of continuous rain near enough,it was like someone was flooding my tomato plants,loads of them have split I couldn’t believe it,the ones that didn’t split at all-Lima korai,orange banana,nectar rose,black icicle,cream sausage,balconi red,zlatava maybe others but notice it’s all the sensitive to BER types,maybe they’d like to grow in a bog atmosphere? So many split tomatoes,I ate & cooked some straight away like the moskowsi ultra skorospely,can’t waste them...

Comment

• That the days are a lot shorter.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• ^^^ boo
              Going to festival next weekend with youngest who is having a few issues in life (lets say that having me for a
              dad isn't the worst of it) - could do with daylight and the good weather of last month coming back - so not happy about lots of (some of them serious) teenage issues and lessening daylight hours and increased likelihood of rain!
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Cow in field next to me had staggers had to call farmer.

Old man next door goes to investigate with mobility scooter (That Burgundy One that always seem to want to run you down when out and about) and got stuck. Needed rescued

The Farmers Quad wouldn't start. Vet had switched if off properly - who would do that?

Cow got up and walked off as if nothing was wrong

Darwin(a) flew the nest and eggs hadn't hatched Said to her - not to nest in a gutter.

Accident on way to town. Diverted via back single track road. One Person's car slipped into ditch (phew we got past), but then met 7 cars coming the other way..

Got home and looked like cow had done a vanishing act..... Spotted her next to a dyke - ok.

Vixen and 2 cubs were snooping about late afternoon.

Day almost over ..
                Last edited by 4Shoes; 11-08-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Was out doing errands till early afternoon today and wanted to get cracking on something I was making...but son who’s home from uni shares my space with his piano OMG,I know I should be thankful that he doesn’t play Xbox...but six hours of jazz piano while he was “trying to work out a new piece” has sent me barmy!

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwq00h-euQ

my mind is going too - its not just jazz
                    sigpic
                    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Suddenly found a rat raiding bird feeders.

Bought bait station and poison. Two young rats appeared too!

Bought two break back traps with enclosures plus some special attractant. In two weeks one mouse!

Got some peanut butter, rebaited traps and enclosures yesterday.

Checked today. Not a trace of peanut butter! One tripped, no body, other still cocked.
                      Last edited by DannyK; 13-08-2018, 02:02 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• No carrots for tea (see Happy Thread)

The little Staffie madam has started picking her own. So far not impressed with a large green tom but really enjoyed one of my 3 sweet peppers.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• A chunk missing from my muck heap, with spade marks...
                          I wouldn’t mind so much, but they’ve had to dig out a couple of courgette plants to get at it!

Comment

• Traps licked clean again BUT all the bait and the retaining rod missing from bait box!

Going to have to do a search as don't want bait in open.
                            Last edited by DannyK; 14-08-2018, 09:48 AM.
                            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Second one today!

Went into front garden, found 5X25kg watersoftener salt left in front of garage, which is on right hand side of house.
                              On the invoice it says "IF OUT LEAVE TO LEFT OF DOOR BY METAL SIDE GATE".
                              So at 70+ Ive had to trolley it across a lawn and down side of house.
                              I was in all the time!
                              This is second year it's happened and I specially mentioned it on phone when I ordered!
                              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• just got an EMAIL from wyvale garden centre,book now for everything to do with santa
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X