Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I too have had the "wrong seeds" in packets from a certain very well known supplier, back to Dobies for most stuff next year.

Comment

• I have 3 rants. OK,OK. they're very petty and I might upset people.

1. Not upsetting to others. I went to repot some plants and the compost (kept indoors) was full of slugs.

2. I want to make a paella and the only mussels I can get are "ready cooked in a white wine sauce".

3. Lamb shanks come ready cooked "in a minted gravy". Bleugh.

4. This is the controversial one. The current TV is dire. I'm not disinterested in sport but I don't want to watch it. I find it unbelievably boring. Nor am I remotely interested in Love Island or any of the other "reality" shows.

You can't escape them. If you choose not to watch them as, from my point of view, they are irrelevent, they still get over exposure on the news and magazine programs.

Rant over.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• My rant....people who can't count ^^^^^^

Comment

• Sorry, i can count but I started out with only 3 rants and 2&3 should have been a rant on there own. This is to add a new rant. I have relatively new neighbours. The daughter of the neighbour 3 doors away bought the house 2 doors away for their early 20’s daughter and her boyfriend. This is the 3rd Saturday in a row that they’ve had a very loud party in the garden. This is the loudest so far and if the others are anything to go by it won’t finish until tomorrow morning. I work from home so can have a sleep during the day to catch up if I need to although that really doesn’t happen. I feel really sorry for our other neighbours who have 6 day a week jobs and so only have Sundays to relax. Difficult when we’re being kept awake every weekend by these selfish neighbours.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
            Sorry, i can count but I started out with only 3 rants and 2&3 should have been Difficult when we’re being kept awake every weekend by these selfish neighbours.

Try https://www.gov.uk/report-noise-pollution-to-council
            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Can't be harsed with much...............
              Pills quack gave me made me seriously regret taking them................
              Don't like sport.....................
              Tiny strawberries...................
              Blackbird with its beautiful song.................please not at 4am sitting on TV ariel................

Need I go on or is my depression depressing?
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I do want another dog so I’ll have some contact with another living creature. Spotted a pair of Staffies in rescue kennels locally. Mum and daughter 13 and 9 and they would just fit on the sofa with me.
                Nope, can’t have.
                Boo
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Had to go to the bank today, the nearest branch (10 mile round trip) was closed last week, so now have a 16 mile round trip, with a 1/2mile walk once I find a parking space, entered the bank and there are 23 people in front of me, once I was served I noted that there was now 26 customers waiting to be attended to, why do bankers get off with telling lies about bank usage
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sorry Rary, the numbers don't lie high street banking doesn't pay. We'll lose them all eventually, most of us bank online these days. The future of banking I think is either banks will club together to have one shared space or more likely they will go where we are and take on space within a supermarket. Simple economics.
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• I'm with JanieB on the television. But maybe it's good that it's bad, I need to watch less.... unfortunately there's not a lot good to read, either.... I look for old films and Laurel & Hardy on youtube, also gardening vids and anything non-American about dogs.

So my very minor rant today is I'm paying the Beeb license for two weeks of television I can't watch, bloody Wimbledon. But then I can't watch *most* of what's on the BBC. Or any of the other channels for that matter. Ah, well, life could be worse, I could still be living in social housing.......
                      sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

• More shed break-ins at the allotments. Why can’t everyone respect what isn’t theirs, and leave it alone, just like most of us already do?

Last edited by Chestnut; 28-06-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Having to get help again to get MR off the floor,he seems to be getting worse with walking and memory lapses,ruddy strokesBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• People giving advice when it's not been asked for

Drives me mad!!!!

Comment

• SP - when people do that here's what you should do.....

Sometimes I think people need to obtain a walking licence before they should be allowed out in public. How can someone who travels the same route every day always be surprised that they need that train ticket to get out as well and have to stop and search for it - as soon as they step off the escalator.

And if you're walking up the stairs and you see a friend walking down the other set of stairs - don't just stop in the middle and have a chat blocking both sets of stairs.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• You can add to them the pair of old women sitting behind me on the bus, who instead of sitting next to each other, conversed by shouting across the aisle!

Also had a friendly go at lad with bluetooth speaker on bus. Asked him if he'd any better music. (What is this ordure that passes for R&B now?) He asked for suggestions. Told him to try Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli. Didn't have time to suggest Lemmy and Ozzy!
                                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X