Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I going gaga or is this thread going haywire. Sure I've posted something and it's disappeared.

Seem odd last post 22:12 yesterday.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• A house brick landing firmly in the mush.
      OH couldn’t remember eldest Grandsons name.
      Thinking about carers support group in the village but do the others really need my carp?
      Pride comes before a fall so its said and I’m flapping like a good um.

Sorry.
      X
      Last edited by Lumpy; 20-05-2018, 04:13 PM.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Lumpy, why not give the support group a try? You don't have to keep going if it's not right for you, but having people who understand what you're going through can really help.

My rant: Another lovely day today, but inside the house needed some attention after being neglected for weeks (due to gardening). So despite slathering the suncream on this morning (which will have me out in spots for days to come), I've only really been outside to do my grocery shopping and my poor plants have been left to their own devices (with so much to be done!!!)

If I can just do a bit more cleaning in my kitchen and some washing up, I reckon I can manage a couple of hours in the garden this evening, but I may not have the oomph by then

Comment

• Deceptive Packaging

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 09.43.33.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	2378367

It did have weight on it but haven't checked it yet. Turkish delight is very heavy.

Worse case had was a pack of sandwiches which had half inch of filling along side showing through cellophane.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Blooming cat has dug up another of my containers Ignored the side with radishes but has destroyed my leeks. They must be tiny enough for it to look like bare earth. There has been some cursing and then I have strewn more holly about. I have replanted as many as I could find in decent condition, but lost most.

Comment

• To avoid a Rant from Nicos

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Urmmmm...It this getting a tad off-topic folks?
              Last week there were postings regarding CofE selling off an allotment. There were ideas on how CofE could make cash from a phone line. etc...

Today I see a BBC article on CofE launching an Amazon Alexa App

"The Church of England is offering worshippers the chance to use voice-activated virtual assistants to pray"

Church of England offers prayers read by Amazon's Alexa - BBC News

article also confirmed the contact less payments for services.

How close were we with out silly comments?

Comment

• Mods that become Rockers and then go back to being a Mods

OK Only joking don't press that Button you found !

Real Rant the amount of emails wanting me to opt back in to newsletters etc, in the last week and the amount of bogus or marketing telephone calls that will not diminish because of the new legislation, its a bit like a lock on a shed door it only keeps the honest man honest !
                Last edited by Cadalot; 26-05-2018, 09:05 AM.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Trying to avoid madame gossip at the allotment, only to be caught out for 1 hour on my plot, it was draining and not fun. There is also a Monsieur gossip, I normally head for the brambles when I see him, he can be rather offensive too.
                  I don't mind talking about allotmenterring or general chit chat, not other people unless there is genuine concern.
                  Luckily 99.9% of my fellow allotmenteers are great, so all good.

Comment

• I'm so angry. I'm going to the last night of my favourite pub tonight. Well, the last night with this landlord. I'm his accountant and I told him 5 years ago to put his prices up. He has tried to keep his prices in line with a Wetherspoons. He isn't a W's. and he isn't in competition with them, nor does he have the buying clout they have. Out of the 8 pubs remaining in this town this is only one of two freehouses. The other one is owned and run by the 3rd generation of the same family. Why employ me if you're not going to take my advice? Rant over.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Hit a deer 10 days ago (which trust me I would've avoided if I could have, but it bolted from a hedge just 2' in front of me so no chance of an evasive manouvre). Car still drivable but damage to front bumper, lights, nearside wing. Just got a quote for repairs today, going to cost in the region of a grand to sort out and the car's only worth 3K. Reluctant to claim but may have to. Or I just leave it, it's safe, all flapping bits are tied in and secure, just looks a state now. Could really have done without this

The deer got up and walked away... cheers buddy.

Comment

• Can not find my yellow courgette seeds any where Grrr

Comment

• getting stung my millions of stinging nettle whilst clearing up allotment boundary, but atleast it's clear

Comment

• Had my first blight warning email - Boo!
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Long school holidays.
                              Granddaughter age 14 got her summer holidays today.
                              Not due to return to school until the first Monday in September.
                              Both parents working full time,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Architects who don't understand how a building goes together, can not create a 3D model in their head and draw elevations and plans that would be impossible to build and do not tie up with each other. I spent far too much time sorting out and correcting their drawings and their planning statement which should have been picked up by a QA system process that they obviously don't have or if they do they don't apply.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X