Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to physio for treatment for sciatica this morning, now after treatment and being shown exercises 'that will help' - I can hardly blimming walk - dreading bedtime *sigh* just have to take some of the tablets that make me feel like a zombie

Does she really think I'm only going to garden for 30mins a day? Some people just don't understand, do they?

Comment

• I might have ranted about this before. Coffeee. I like my coffee very bland, no froth and with cold milk. Has anyone on this site ever got this recently?
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• I may have to leave my job in the next few months. If so, I will probably have to move house during the summer. Obviously, both those things are rubbish and stressing me out. However, I'm also fretting about how I am going to move loads of growing plants from one place to another (where I may or may not have as much space/light) in the middle of the growing season. Even with everything in containers, there's a lot of potential for things to get damaged in transit and I can't see how I would manage to move things like cucumber plants growing over trellis.

So, either I assume I will be moving and cut back significantly on my gardening plans (with some loss due to outlay on seeds that may not germinate as readily next year) or I push on and hope for the best and accept I may lose or have to abandon certain plants. I'm inclined towards the latter, though I'll be really gutted if I do have to walk away from anything.

Comment

• Because of my accident when I dropped my medical scanner into a pint glass the company replaced it for me - Thank You.

It turned up this morning via Royal Mail fast delivery service.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2377021

I opened 2 inches of the box the rest of the damage was how it arrived.......................look at the bladdy state of it.
          In big letters on the outside it said Fragile.
          Thankfully, the scanner seems to be working even though it and its padded box were separated and it had been rattling around.

The mail service (not a word that applies for this) should be ashamed of themselves.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Any possibility that a friend could plant-sit some of your stuff for a few weeks in the summer, if push did come to shove ? That at least would mean that you were not pressed for time to move everything at once, if nothing-else.

Comment

• does it always tip it down on on an Easter Bank Holiday when I have plans for the allotment? It certainly feels like it

I did feel sorry for the holiday-makers in the cars around me yesterday as we ploughed across the snow on Exmoor...
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• The call of the garden centre on the way back after dropping off chocolate eggs to some young relatives, and not being able to resist a buy one get second half price Wolf tools.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                  I might have ranted about this before. Coffeee. I like my coffee very bland, no froth and with cold milk. Has anyone on this site ever got this recently?
                  Yep. just finished one and taken the mug back into my kitchen

My rant...bladdy chelsea tractors in towns and villages. Why are there so many of them now? No-one needs a vehicle that huge to drive around our town streets. In car parks they mostly take up the entire parking space, line to line, which leaves us normal car drivers about six inches to squeeze out of our doors. in traffic you can't see past them, around them, or over them.

And you can't make me believe something so huge and weighty doesn't guzzle fuel. What happened to the nineties push for smaller vehicles to conserve the world's dwindling supply fossil fuels?

Grrrr....
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• I went shopping today for food. I passed the shelf of film cd’s. One of the categories was “classics”. Not Walt Disney classics, not cartoon classics, just classics. On it were “Frozen” and other such recent children’s cartoons. I’m sorry but by no stretch of the imagination can they be regarded as classics, Walt Disney or otherwise. They may become classics in the future but not yet.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• ****ing parakeets have had all bar one of flower buds on magnolia! It's a small one.

Also saw squirrel bite off 4" rose shoot and eat it.

Much more of this and I'm going into killing mode!
                      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Ah. Don’t get me started on grey squirrels. Tree rats. If they would stay up in the trees I wouldn’t mind. They dig up and eat or destroy my bulbs.
                        My stupid dog (who I love beyond reason) chases after them. They scamper up a tree and he is still there looking up the tree ten minutes later. The tree rats have long gone via the canopy but he just stands there looking up.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]79285[/ATTACH
                        He is a bit of a wimp anyway and wouldn’t know what to do with a squirrel if he ever caught one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I woke up to a whoopsy today.

No, I didn't wet the bed.

I completely forgot to check whether the forecasted light snow predicted a week ago for overnight was still expected. It not only snowed last night, but it snowed a lot. The road is covered. My plants are covered... Most things outside did fine with the last snow, but I have planted some seeds in pots out there over the last few days, and my outdoor sown winter lettuce mix had germinated and thrown out some very wimpy looking seedlings. Suspect they would be fine if they were bigger, but pretty sure they must be dead under all that snow. Don't think I can shift the snow off them without destroying them further. If I'd just checked the forecast and slung some fleece over them or brought them indoors for 24 hours... Bah!

Anyway, suspect I have a bit of resowing ahead of me in the next couple of weeks.

I also feel the need to rant a little that my tablet's predictive text suggested I write, "I woke up this morning to a manslaughter..." My tablet thinks I am a bad person. (It also just suggested, "My tablet thinks I am a colostomy...") Skynet is closer than we think.
                          Last edited by self-contained; 02-04-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by self-contained View Post

I also feel the need to rant a little that my tablet's predictive text suggested I write, "I woke up this morning to a manslaughter..." My tablet thinks I am a bad person. (It also just suggested, "My tablet thinks I am a colostomy...") Skynet is closer than we think.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well google thinks I’m a pervert. All I did was google ‘hotbed’.
                              Don’t try this at home folks.

Comment

• I once turned to Google to try and demonstrate to an American what I meant by the hair shade, "dirty blonde".

Huge mistake.

Anyway, to avoid discombobulating this thread with chat, another little rant:

There are 22 things on my to-do list for today, but it's the last day of my bank holiday weekend, too snowy to do the fun gardening things and I'd really rather sit with a warm drink and play computer games than clean the kitchen or vacuum under the settees. Humph.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X