Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaargh. I have the tv on as wallpaper. It’s often turned on to radio but this morning it’s on BBC1. I can understand presenters mispronouncing place names if it’s a short news item, but when it’s a major part of an episode and they’re actually in that place, there is no excuse. I’m pretty sure that the ladies she interviewed have been on the phone complaining even if us viewers haven’t.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• I’ve got a floppy robber.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• ^I know no chatting's allowed and all... but you might have to give a bit more of an explanation Lumpy. I've clicked like out of sympathy, but haven't the foggiest what it might be.

Comment

• And a rant of my own...

Millennials.

Not the people. The term, as used to denigrate a whole generation. It's not on.

I hate generalisations generally!

Comment

• Snoop - its supposed to say floppy dobber. The pen thingy that arrived with the eyepad has a flappy bit at the end which keeps opening stuff I did not ask it to.

My rant - I can't spell.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I've been to a few leaking boilers in my time but this morning was a first. We get a phone call from the agent "so and so has reported their boiler leaking", the lad arrives and is stunned to find water pouring from the flue termination so much so he takes a video because no one would believe him. He enters the property and finds water pouring out the boiler and 2" deep on the kitchen floor, "My god how long has it been like this? he asks. "About 3 weeks since the beast from the east" says the tenant.

Absolutely gob smacked............................That's one eviction notice served and they wonder why..
              Last edited by Potstubsdustbins; 22-03-2018, 08:50 PM.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• When the boss expects you to spring clean an old style hunting lodge that sleep 10. While there are roofers walking in and out getting tool and having tea breaks in the kitchen. Electricians fitting 7 new lights in hallways and stairs. Carpenters using the games room ( after you've already Spring cleaned it!!! ) as there work shop shaving bits off the bottom of door so they close now the new carpet are down. Carpet fitters leaving 9 full bin bag of rubbish in the hall, they were contracted to move .

Not only all of the Spring cleaning but we've turned into removal men. Because of all the new building work and carpets going down furniture needed move. 3 bedrooms emptied one living room everything shoved to one end to fit all the bedroom stuff in.
                Delivery of new furniture arrived before carpet fitters so we had to move all that!
                Boss arrives the week carpet fitters are here and watches them leave the 9 bin bags of rubbish. I stupidly assumed as he was there that he would put all the new and old furniture back where he wanted it to go in the newly layed out rooms ( another two en suite bathrooms been added ). We turn up after he's left to find he's done nothing ! How the he11 he expect me and another woman to carry wardrobes up stairs is beyond me! We've done it with help. And we've put all the furniture back. No idea if any of it's in the right place!
                The boss is turning up again on Monday expecting it to all be spotless! He's also informed us the photographer will be in on Tuesday to take photos of the new changes and hope it all looks ready for tenets. The man is a ****** ***** !!!!
                At best the house will get a very good change over clean!

Sorry not exactly a minor rant !

Comment

• What gets me annoyed, people taking advantage of others
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ... and just assuming things will magically get done. Grrrrr.

Comment

• Hmmmm, I came to this thread for a rant about summat but I've forgotten. Clearly distracted after seeing Sparrow's spuds on the roof of her car. I did have a good belly laugh about that mind.

What in goodness name was I gonna rant about.

Just have to be about my lack of memory for now.

Comment

• I remember .

Westland Gp compost. Bought 3 bags on a bogof from Costo. Didn't read the bag. Contains wood fibre. Grrrrrrh loads of it. Utter crud.

Comment

• Pigging local pharmist.

Nope, nobody phoned last Monday to tell me their suppliers couldn’t get the thingy nestled under my skin.
                          Come and get the script and take it somewhere else.
                          We don’t have the script as it was done electronically. Get a paper one from the doctors.
                          Phone hospital and spoke to DNS. No other pharmacy is having a problem. The coo- opp has them to order.

Spoke to Dr receptionist. Paper script may be ready by Tuesday or electronic to the coo-opp 5 miles away.
                          Now all scripts are going there. I’ll have to go and collect the truck load of drugs until I sort delivery out.

All of this is because a person should have made a 2 minute phone call to me on Monday and didn’t.

Comment

• I’m not good with crowds but can cope if they are fairly orderly. Today was a reminder that people can be rude, pushy and selfish. Maybe i’m not pushy enough.
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Went to the local recycling centre today - all v friendly but I noticed one of the workers in his twenties just sitting enjoying the sunshine, while at the other end of the small site a couple of elderly people were struggling with a fridge-freezer. I went over and gave them a hand, which seemed to be a big deal for them by the fuss they made.
                              I'm not sure if the younger generation is getting less polite, or whether I just happened on an unusual person.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickdub View Post
                                Went to the local recycling centre today - all v friendly but I noticed one of the workers in his twenties just sitting enjoying the sunshine, while at the other end of the small site a couple of elderly people were struggling with a fridge-freezer. I went over and gave them a hand, which seemed to be a big deal for them by the fuss they made.
                                I'm not sure if the younger generation is getting less polite, or whether I just happened on an unusual person.
                                In my rant it was the older generation. I don’t think it’s a generational thing it’s just people.

New rant. I can’t specify the problem because the post will be removed.
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X