X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
    Loosing my job
    I know how that feels, I was made redundant three times, chin up and get the cv out there.

Comment

Clients who change the deadline and then change the amount of work. I could have been working on other things, meaning earning money, as opposed to sitting around twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the phone to ring.

Nothing compared to Carrie's rant though. Hope it all works out.

Comment

Went along the footpath and the council men were cutting the outside of the hedge at the side of the allotments. "Are you cutting the top and inside as well?" says I - "we're s'posed to but we ain't got the allotment key" says he.

"Well - I have, so I'll let you in then" was my grumpy reply

If they have a contract to cut the hedge why didn't they get the keys, so they could do the job FGS! If I hadn't been there they would have just left it wouldn't they!

*grumble curse grumble*

Comment

snow......

Comment

My car is the source of much of my ranting. A grumble that has gained more traction in recent days is how the air con has to remain on constantly and blowing at the windscreen, or the windscreen fogs up to the point of whiteout in a matter of minutes. Regular air of differing temperatures, or window open a crack, neither of these things stop the windscreen fogging. I'd rather have warm air blowing on my feet, but then I can't see to drive. And as there is no setting on the blower dial to have windscreen AND footwell in unison (actually fairly common to be able to split the air flow around a car I think), it's extra socks time or drive with my head out of the window like a dog!
            I think most of the budget went into the ad campaign for this particular vehicle.
            Last edited by Philthy; 17-01-2018, 12:22 AM.

Comment

My Dentist!!! . Why does he always seem to be in rush , scares me half to death he does , im a gibbering wreck when i leave there

Comment

^^^^ my dentist as well. I have a broken tooth on one side and I suspect an abgess under a crown on the other so have no choice but to go on Friday as I'm fed up with soup, soggy bread and scrambled eggs. I've started eyeing up jarred baby food.......................
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Tell your dentist, Jackarmy: "You always seem to be quite rushed and that really adds to my anxiety". Any dentist worth his salt will take that into account. Hugs!

My rant: knowing you've got veg on your plot that you could eat, but not being able to get onto the plot during daylight hours when you need that veg, so having to buy some. Rubbish.

Comment

Gas off all day ............ today off all days.....
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                      Gas off all day ............ today off all days.....
                      You'll find it difficult to get a decent plumber to come quickly at this time of year.
                      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

^^^^^I don't think so Kevin seeing as I have plumbers on tap so to speak

But when they are laying new mains there's not a lot to be done
                        Last edited by Potstubsdustbins; 17-01-2018, 09:35 PM.
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Doctors and chemists who can't get your repeat prescriptions right.
                          One beta blocker left, no they're not in the new bag of medication.
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

Why does the wedding guest list and therefore the cost continue to be added to , the bank of mammy and daddy isnt bottomless mind , four weeks to go, lets get this thing done
                            Last edited by jackarmy; 18-01-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

First the good news..........

I went to the dentist. I booked a taxi as I knew that I might get lost walking to the bus stop, get confused and get off at one of the many stops on the 40 min journey or duck off down a side alley to watch the swans on my way up the High Street just so I missed the appointment. The taxi took me to avoid me doing a runner.

I stood outside and the pain in my jaw acted like a rocket up the rear end and propelled me through the door.

I smiled sweetly at the 2 young, pretty, thin receptionists with glow in the dark perfect white teeth.

I sat in the waiting area ignoring the posters and mags that discussed the intricacies of round verses oblong brushes, the wonders of flossing and the joy of toothpaste.

I hardly gasped as I walked up two flights of stairs and didn't curse and cry as they gaffa taped me into the chair.

Now the rant............

I explained that the tooth with the crown was hurting alot. X ray taken. Do you want to come and have a look said Kat (it's her name) the dentist. The tone said it all...................

7 days of antibiotics for the TWO infected teeth. I am miserable to report that on the 27th Feb (or earlier as I am now at the top of the cancellation list) after having a mould thing done for a plate of knashers, the TWO teeth are going to be pulled out.

I'm not sure if I'm miffed or terrified. I suppose I could be miffified.
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Oh and the broken tooth on the left has been shoved into second place for treatment as my TWO mankies are deemed 'urgent'.
                                Last edited by Lumpy; 19-01-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X