Clear All

^^^^NCOTRT ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      ^^^^NCOTRT ^^^^^
      No idea what that means!

Comment

If I tell you, Snoop, I'll be guilty too

NCOTRT = No Chatting on the Rant Thread.

My Rant - Grapes who don't understand abbreviations
        My 2nd Rant - Mods who should be setting a good example - but don't.
        My 3rd Rant - I'll be sent to the norty step now.

Comment

Went to the barbers yesterday. Figured I'd take advantage of the extended hours they do on Fridays; open until 8pm (normally I go daytime on a Saturday). Fairly new place, only been twice before but an awesome cut both times so keen to go back. Or was.
          I arrived around 7.15pm. The guy doing my cut basically rushed it. His colleagues were sat around and maybe they all were wanting to get done and lock up early, head to the pub round the corner, who knows.
          I asked for a short back and sides, nothing fancy, classic cut. Trouble is once home with closer inspection I can see it's far too short at the back, uneven on the sides, and lopsided on top. OH offered to have a go at evening it up but with no hair cutting skills (or much hair left to cut) would just make it worse. Right now it looks stupid. So it's a hat for the next couple of weeks while I wait for it to grow back a bit and then get it done again somewhere else.
          If your trading hours are until 8pm I should be able to rock up at ten to and still expect a proper job! Unimpressed

Comment

^^^^How thankful I am, the lady and ex hairdresser by trade looks after what little I have left.

Rant ...Walking past the excavations where they are installing new gas mains and smelt gas, not a strong smell but a definite odour. Ring the NGES and make report, an hour later ring again. This time they try to fob me off, smell of old pipe etc 'whoops' wrong person to try it on with, " you have 30 minutes or there will be a RIDDOR with the HSE on Monday morning, your choice", 20 minutes later 2 vans arrive. After whats happened of late you would think they would sharpen up a bit.
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

If you offer a free gift i would expect it at least by 3 months following the subscription being deducted from my account, the only reason i bothered to subscribe was for the prop and now it looks like i wont get it till i dont need it, OOO

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                If you offer a free gift i would expect it at least by 3 months following the subscription being deducted from my account, the only reason i bothered to subscribe was for the prop and now it looks like i wont get it till i dont need it, OOO
                GYO.? Jack?

Kids that leave it to the last minute to pack, who are amazed that their dirty jeans that were left on their bedroom floor are not magically transported to the washing machine, washed, dried and folded ready to go!

Comment

I'm so getting P'ed off with keep having the same discussion with my 23 year old daughter

Clean your room it looks like a bomb has been set off in there
                  Don't just drop cotton buds on the floor around the bin make sure they go in the bin
                  Pick up you hairgrips off the floor as they fudge up the hoover
                  Being the only one with long brown hair YOU should cut if off the hover not me (I have demonstrated a number of times but she has never done it)
                  The promise of hovering black carpet she wanted in her bedroom every day that never happened
                  Don't leave you caterpillars (fake eyelashes) on the wet room window ledge.
                  Don't flood the worktop with water and if you do wipe the bloody thing dry.
                  Only put paper and cardboard in the paper and cardboard bin, not half drunk cans of drink that make everything stick to the bottom of the wheelie bin - Another cleaning up after job I will have to do.
                  Just how many coats do you need by the front door, we all have a hook you are squatting on 3

Apparently I'm getting at her, but as I tell her and her mother - at her age she should only need to be told once! and yes I have been going on about the for a Bleeping long time and I should not have to keep repeating myself.

Then I back off as SWMBO gets her knickers in a Twist until I'm at exploding point again!

Then she will do something really wonderful or thoughtful and for a little while I will not be as P'ed off.

But for today, planning to go away with her big sister at 8 in the morning on one of the first really good dry days when I had built myself up for getting over there at 7 until 1 as she normally has a sleep in on a Sunday morning and I thought Mrs C had someone to keep an eye on her, and me only finding out from Mrs C last night that she was off early with her sister has really P'ed me off no end!

Then Mrs C started are We (she means YOU) going to get on with decorating the bedroom !

There are times when doing a Reggie Perring seem quite inviting
                  Last edited by Cadalot; 14-01-2018, 10:21 AM.
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and breathe...........................deep slow breaths. Stand in the middle of the room, put your fingers in your ears, sing a daft song you know and slowly turn in circles...........works wonders.

My rant that for many people, me included the small things going wrong have far more impact than they should because the big issues in life scare the wits out of you as they are something you can't change although you would sell your soul to do so.

Daughter said she would take us into the city to where the big shops are (difficult by bus) last Friday. As I've not been out since two days before Crimbo...............great I thought..............G Daughter came down with chicken pox............we don't need to be poxed.............no trip out. Darn.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                      Similar could be said about prizes

Comment

My rant...minor compared to some peeps on here I know
                        BUT....€5.65 for a packet of Crimson Crush tomato seeds with 10 in the pack.
                        Someone is having a laugh.
                        I just put them back on the shelf.
                        We are totally ripped of here being told it's the conversion rate from sterling to Euro.
                        The price of seeds here is crazy.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                          My rant...minor compared to some peeps on here I know
                          BUT....€5.65 for a packet of Crimson Crush tomato seeds with 10 in the pack.
                          Someone is having a laugh.
                          I just put them back on the shelf.
                          We are totally ripped of here being told it's the conversion rate from sterling to Euro.
                          The price of seeds here is crazy.
                          Can you not order direct on line from Dobies or someone like that?

Comment

Yes Scarlet

Why oh why do Swansea City defenders forget what their job is just because the striker scores ?
                            Last edited by jackarmy; 14-01-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Was on bus this morning. They've added a recorded message to PA,'Please hold on, the bus is about to move'.
                              The only thing is it isn't played until bus has been moving for about 15 seconds!
                              TfL must take us for idiots! What's the point when it's nearly at next stop and we all know that a bus is going to move off just after we get on.
                              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Loosing my job
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X