Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a little bit pi 55 ed off with the weather forecast, I build my hopes up for a dry day to visit the Allotment on Sunday in the morning and then in the afternoon it's all change. You watch by Saturday it will be an 80% chance of rain and no chance of getting anything productive done on the plot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sick of the Weather.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	2376056
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Just tried ordering seed potatoes and onion sets from simply seeds according to them I don't live in the UK !!

These people need to learn to use a *ing map

Comment

Just as I am peeling sprouts to go with cottage pie, I was asked in all seriousness if I would like poppadoms and pickles as a starter...

Comment

Having just spent the best part of 2 days scrubbing my kitchen I decided to do some batch cooking for the freezer and my impending diet. I don’t do this by halves as I have found diets to be fairly labour intensive so to make sure there’s enough to have a quick meal I have a major batch cook in advance.

I was chopping sweet potatoes and the chopper slipped. I’ve just about chopped the top of my left index finger off. My first aid kit needs refilling. I know it really needs a stitch but i’ve pulled the edges together with the very small plaster I could find and wrapped it up with cello tape. Yuck.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

girls gone back to uni

Comment

Catheter bag makers who pack new bags with the taps open!
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Poxy pooter is on the blink so have to use OH sodding laptop. Hopefully my Son will be able to fix it on Monday.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

To go on holiday more stressed and wired than usual because you've been assured the 5 day project you were given a mere 3 days beforehand HAD to be completed before you left no matter what... only to see the same project still sitting on your desk upon your return, turns out it wasn't so urgent afterall! Grrr

Actually quite a big rant that one but there's no thread for big ones (probably a good thing).

Do have a sore tongue today though

Comment

Screwfix's inflexibility. Set of screwdrivers not stocked at local one but it is in stock at branches five times further away. Phoned them to ask if they could ship it in to local branch. Not possible, the only way to do this is for me to visit branch where it's stocked and ask them to send to to local one. Said this sort of defeated the object of exercise! As it only needed one train and one tram and too wet to work outside I click and collected it.

An anti-rant! Took wrong turning after tram. Long walk on deserted industrial estate. Eventually spotted two men getting in a van. Driver showed me on map that I was way off. He then said he'd run me to roundabout. On way he offered to take me all way. Must have saved me at least 25 minute walk. There are still some nice people around.
                    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Cable land line remote fixing. Have to take time off for engineers
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        Let's hope they turn up. If they've given a time slot you can guarantee they'll turn up in the last five minutes.
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Originally posted by DannyK View Post
                          Let's hope they turn up. If they've given a time slot you can guarantee they'll turn up in the last five minutes.
                          Came at 1, fixed by 20 past. Another engineer had knocked out our line. The compensation had better be good.

Comment

What makes me even more cross is that it took 4 remote on-line checks, 4 telephone remote checks and 2 human contact before they would even acknowledge a fault. Grrrr

Comment

Had a little chat with Hubby yesterday morning and we decided to replace our washing machine sooner rather than later
                              Had a load in, went out to make a cuppa - water all over the floor.
                              You couldn't make it up!
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                                Had a little chat with Hubby yesterday morning and we decided to replace our washing machine sooner rather than later
                                Had a load in, went out to make a cuppa - water all over the floor.
                                You couldn't make it up!
                                It was obviously listening

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X