Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with choosing a gift?....ask here!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can roll a pin with your forearms, just lay the pin on the bag and lean on it. The easiest way is for you to offer to help her.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
      It could be a food processor that she has Snoop, but she has difficulty using the thing with the blades, since she broke her wrist she has no strength to turn things and the lid needs to be turned to lock, and as much as I like the idea of using a rolling pin or bottle (cheaper) her wrists are not strong enough to wield them
      I bought myself this stick blender the other day,I don't know if it would help you,it says it blends,chops & whisks. I'm going to use it for tomatoes & peppers while they're in the saucepan for quickness,instead of getting the blender & all the parts out to build this should be quicker. Heres a photo of the end of it-

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	2375938

Comment

I have one of those, they're great for blending soups - so easy to wash too as you just put the chopper bit in a jug of water and give it a whisk!
        Haven't tried it on biscuits though

Comment

It's called a rolling pin
          Exceptionally useful for other uses too
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ha!...I seem to have skipped a page with my reply!

Comment

Do keep up, Nicos

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                You can roll a pin with your forearms, just lay the pin on the bag and lean on it. The easiest way is for you to offer to help her.
                Well that not going to happen and I don't mean her rolling the pin with her forearms
                And I have one of those things Jungle Jane is showing I use it to shred and blend my veg compost for the worms, I could always clean that up and give it to her, then use it when I need to, that's a great idea for a present, I think I have left it out in the greenhouse where I used it to break up some worm compost, right I am off to get it and clean Pitt up. Thanks for the suggestion
                Last edited by rary; 20-12-2017, 12:17 AM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

You know we don't believe a word you say, rary You're an old (very old) softy at heart

Comment

Hi Rary, those blenders are brilliant for anything with liquid in but no good for biscuits I'm afraid. I know what you mean about the twist and lock mechanisms, they can be difficult. Bashing with something like a rolling pin is probably the best way to do it. But that's quite hard work too, not to say potentially dangerous... I had a young helper when making a cheesecake a while back. I thought a rolling pin would be safer than sharp blades for making the biscuit crumb base, but he was going at it quite vigorously and the rolling pin flew out of his hand in mid-air. No injuries fortunately, but quite a few breakages.

Comment

Would a coffee grinder do the trick rary?

Comment

Can you buy coffee grinders in pawn shops?
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

So glad you spelt that right rary

Comment

I have problems with my Ws and Rs GL
                            And thanks for the info Snoop I do have some consent about breakage especially on me
                            And VC are you trying to destroy my reputation

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X