Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with choosing a gift?....ask here!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with choosing a gift?....ask here!

Thought this might help those of us stuck for ideas...and for others to get ideas from!

I notice Thelma asked....

"Haven't a clue what to get teenage GC (what's new? )"
    Last edited by Nicos; 30-11-2017, 09:18 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

What sort of age....13/19... might make a bit of a difference?

As a stocking filler, I bought my adult son a portable phone charger last year and he was thrilled...about £10 and about the size of a cigarette lighter.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Boy of 13, girl nearly 15.

Comment

Any animal lovers that don't need something to hold....................I bought a friend 5 bales of hay and half ton of carrots for some of the residents at a Norfolk animal sanctuary. They have sent me a certificate so it will go inside her Crimbo card.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Ideas for a gift for a lovely mother-in-law who has everything?
          sigpic

Comment

Jay 22 I found out grand children tend to go down well with mother in law.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
              How about afternoon tea out somewhere?

Or a large pic of as amny of the family you can get in a nice frome?
              Last edited by Lumpy; 30-11-2017, 02:56 PM.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

For the woman with everything - Penicillin.

Your welcome ;-)

Comment

How about a Calendar with photos of the the family in.....my girls got one done for me with the kids in..i love it

Comment

For a lovely MIL who has everything,
                    Family photo is a good one.
                    Tickets for concert, theatre, weekend away somewhere, meal out (orient express is excessively pricey, places like north yorkshire railway much better value and don’t risk any terrorism attacks in Paris!), a years membership of something like national trust or scottish national trust.
                    For things to open, edibles, hampers preferrably home made, a board game suitable for all the family.

Comment

do you have any halls nearby/ gardens with tea rooms? A promise or booking for cream teas or light lunch at an event or when there is better weather.

Scratchcard or lotto ticket

some destructive children or animals so next Christmas you can buy her some new furniture.

Comment

A subscription to a gardening magazine?

Comment

Ok I have three blokes (Dad, Brother and Uncle) who used to get alcohol but now with various allergies and illnesses don't even get that. I take a box of home bakes when I visit but I do feel a bit mean. They buy what they want when they fancy it and have no particular hobbies. Any ideas would be great even the really daft ones.

Comment

Jay, I am a mother in law that has everything and over the last few years I have received framed pics of my grandkids, also I have been treated to dinner out with all the family and I was delighted with that.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

For Norfolkgrey above. Socks. Not ordinary socks, though. I was given some socks years back by a Taiwanese friend. The socks she gave me were from Japan (easily available there). Marked R and L for right and left foot. Extremely well made. Have never shrunk in the wash. Every time I put them on, I think of her.

Really good socks are not cheap in comparison with bog standard jobs. But well worth it for a gift.
                              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 30-11-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X