No announcement yet.

Snow!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MR said growing up in north east,his dad had a shovel inside the house,just so he dig a way out the door,i think the problem these days,is not whimps,but health and safety gone mad.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Got loads in London now
      Nannys make memories

Comment

Meanwhile, rary has sent his OH with the washing!!

Comment

The snows only an inch or so deep, it's the bitter howling gale I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
            MR said growing up in north east,his dad had a shovel inside the house,just so he dig a way out the door,i think the problem these days,is not whimps,but health and safety gone mad.
            Still have one inside the door to clear the step and path. Also keep one in the boot from November.

Comment

I love the snow except for 2 things................

the poor old birds - I've fed them 3 times already today.
              our poor old dogs, both over 13 who managed, quite independantly to get themselves sprawled out on the path. Had to pick both up to get them on their feet again. Path now salted, cleared and matted so I don't (hopefully) have any more Bambi on ice dogs.

p.s its coming down thick and fast here - maybe 3-4in with no sign of stopping.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

It has snowed on and off all morning with bouts of sunshine in between. This afternoon the sun seems to have gone away and the snow is coming down more sideways than down. Now shall I nip out and buy a sack of coal to help the fire along, or shall I just snuggle up under a blanket with the dogs and hibernate until the spring.

And just as I posted the above the snow turned to an out and out blizzard. I'm staying put.
                Last edited by JanieB; 28-02-2018, 02:16 PM.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

I'd hibernate with the dogs and let them take charge of the heating As long as they get fed and watered I'm sure they won't mind body heat sharing

It may get a bit smelly under the blanket though haha

Comment

:d:d:d:d............................
                    Attached Files
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I did go out and get a bag of coal. I’ve plenty of wood but coal helps to keep the fire in and I can bank it at night.

As a northerner living in the south, i’ve put me big coat on. It’s not pretty but it does the job.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

As a southerner, grew up in Oxford, now living in the north. Well, north of Watford anyway. I can’t see wat the problem is with a little bit of snow. But that maybe something to do with having moved down from the very far north of Scotland.
                        I’m still going to leave the garden fork in the shed.
                        Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Dogs View Post
                          I’m still going to leave the garden fork in the shed.

Good idea - you don't want to go breaking it ;-)

Comment

Ok, so I tempted fate...had one or two flurries!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2493.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	2376657
                            sigpic

Comment

Me to Jay me to.

Spent the morning on the phone to clients explaining how to defrost condensate pipes on condensing boilers.

It is surprising how many of these have been installed with the condensate pipe open to the elements by folks who don't know better, first really deep, long frost and the boiler packs up.
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

What is this snow you all speak of ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X