Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Cad'n'all Just a bit of snow left from yesterday, but -2 so it's not going anywhere yet. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all,we had another covering of the stuff,plus still got yesterdays,what i have noticed is peeps with solar panels and snow slowly,coming down,years ago there had to be a deflector fitted on the guttering,must keep an eye on the little roof window upstairs,as i want no supprizes when i walk past,so something else to be aware off peeps,stay safe
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, we've got about 2 -3 inch of snow in the garden but our road is clear not been out any further yet though.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Very pretty and white up here but roads treacherous.

I haven't made it into the GR yet but I will. Keep the black stuff on ice
          Attached Files

Comment

• Morning all, garden doesn't look as pretty as yesterday
            It's been raining and luckily the temperature is not cold enough for ice - yet.
            Hubby is off getting a paper, I will feel much better when he returns in one piece,
            Spoke to our Daughter early this morning and the GG's school has no electricity so she has the day off.
            Usually hubby drives over and takes care of her, but it's treacherous in the Chilterns, so she has had to take the day off.
            They really need Rary there to look after them lol
            Anyway, work later, have a great day
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Just another hard frost here, -4 in the fridge (greenhouse)

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all!
                Well...it poured down here last night!
                We collected rather a large bowl of it on our staircase last night too
                Yup...we still have a leaking roof
                It'll be a big job sorting that out in the New Year...oh joy!

We are hosting the Xmas Book Club tomorrow do I need to get some cooking done today.

Have a great day peeps...whatever you do
                Last edited by Nicos; 11-12-2017, 09:46 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. No overnight snow and, what there was, is thawing. My daffs have emerged and I can see a hint of yellow on one. If it opens before January it will be a first
                  The removal van is parked at the neighbours so I shall be going down there soon to cheer them up They described me yesterday as a "breath of sanity". I'm not sure what that means coming from a psychiatrist
                  Whatever you're doing today, make sure its fun. Life's too short to do boring!!

Comment

• Good mornibg all.
                    Beautiful blue sky and the sun is shining.
                    No rain or snow but a hard sparkly frost with minus 3 temp.
                    Stay safe if youre driving and wrap up warm.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Haven't posted on this thread for a bit, as not much to report really. More of the same: no rain. Had high hopes of the big storm that's supposed to hit Spain but it looks like it will skirt round us. The ground surface was dotted with rain when I got up, but it has already dried up.

Had a good week last week, though. Two public holidays (6 and 8 December), my birthday on one of them and half of two families visiting. So lots of fun. Now back to the hard grind of catching up with work... Eating all the leftover chocolate cheesecake won't be difficult, though.

Hope you're all doing well.

Comment

• Morning well it got down to -9 if my phone was telling the truth...looking outside, I think it was. It's like a winter wonderland of frost...no snow!

Domestic duties for me and some shirts to iron...that favourite job so better get to it. Hope the rain comes for you soon Snoop! Funny to hear people wishing for rain.

Have a great day everyone.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hi there Snoop...lovely to see you!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I get the impression by the amount of activity in the GR over the last 2 days that a lot of grapes are at home with nothing better to do, or have we got a lock in? I've got my laptop in the kitchen as I'm having a cook up, mainly using it for TV and music but I do take the occasional break.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening, an other very cold day today and greenhouse temperature downtime -6·5c overnight fortunately no snow although its nice to look at and was great walking through it when hill walking, its not so good for driving in, great photo Jay is that from the Girvin area, and thanks NS but no thanks the four young ones I have at present are enough, in fact the hearing aid has just been switched off between a guitar going and YouTube plus a noise from a smart phone (I think its actually called music) if I get much more of it I will be needing a trick cyclist, but not VC neighbour well need to go, for some reason they want fed,and I quite sure their mother fed them yesterday
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Jus been watching a beautiful red sunset.
                                We had a very cold day but a lot of sun.
                                Made dinner for my son and partner who are coming in this evening.
                                Spent the afternoon washing all my glasswear, and cutlery so all looking nice and sparkley.
                                Time for a sit-down now.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...