Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, a nice dry frosty morning, just in from walking the dog and now for out to the garden, OH is busy wrapping presents , so I think I will be in the garden for a while, oh and the greenhouse was down to1·5c over night
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Now we're heading down Memory Lane....

Does anyone recall having their feet Xrayed in the shoe shop to check on the fit of their shoe size?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ok where has that white van got to?

I know I am young (ish), but xrays for a shoe fitting? and people think I am strange because I can remember a hooge rocking horse at the branch of Cl@rkes I went to for my shoe fittings as a kid.

Comment

• Here ya go NG!
          My close encounter with the fabulous shoe-fitting machine - Telegraph

Comment

• I tell you....I remember them!

And nope....my feet don't glow in the dark

And nope...I'm not as old as rary or VC

Comment

• It's ok. I am actually quite jealous. Learn something new every day

Comment

• I remember those machines in Freeman Hardy & Willis, being sized up for my Startrites. Startrite still going!
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  I tell you....I remember them!

And nope....my feet don't glow in the dark

And nope...I'm not as old as rary or VC
                  ...........and I'm not as old as rary
                  Because my family were poor we didn't wear shoes - just the shoeboxes thrown away by the rich kids.
                  The boxes were quite warm when packed with straw and crumpled newspaper and it meant that when we went to the outside toilet in the snow, we could straighten out a bit of the newspaper. Such luxury - foot warmed paper to wipe yourself.
                  You young 'uns with your glowing feet and electric lights - you don't understand the little things that brought us pleasure.
                  Ask rary, he goes back to before paper!!

Comment

• Never heard of those X-ray machines. The army had an infallable system. The storeman just looked at you and decided what size boots to issue with. You just grew into them. As far as the army was concerned the main function of boots were to be so highly polished you could see your face in them!

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                      ,wonder what our parents wound make of this new tec stuff,if they were still here,.
                      That's a question I have asked, after all there were very few TV's when I was young, and no computers or internet I have often wondered what my parents did to pass the time, I have asked my 9 brothers and sisters and they don't know either
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Now we're heading down Memory Lane....

Does anyone recall having their feet Xrayed in the shoe shop to check on the fit of their shoe size?
                        No
                        Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        I tell you....I remember them!And nope...I'm not as old as rary or VC
                        I don't remember those machines, they must have been way before my time

Comment

• Good evening got out to the garden for a time today, didn't do anything just got the spade out to lean on though I did move two or three times to stay in the sun

No I am just joking I wouldn't go out to the garden just to avoid helping wrap presents I did lift out three Apple trees, and I hope that they will be ok sitting outside with bare roots I have still a lot to do before I can set up my raised border, but with more days like today I will get there, though I have the roots of several shrubs and trees to get throughout, and by the way LD you were right about the type of bird I was on about the other day, it is a Eurasian Nuthatch, I managed to get a photo of it today and if it is any good I will post it up later

Comment

• Rary,i do not know my birds,i only noted your very good description then googled.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally Posted by lottie dolly

,wonder what our parents would make of this new tec stuff,if they were still here.

You listened to the wireless. I remember we would all rush home to listen to the latest episode of Dick Barton - Special Agent that was broadcast every evening at 6:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                we could straighten out a bit of the newspaper. Such luxury - foot warmed paper to wipe yourself.
                                You young 'uns with your glowing feet and electric lights - you don't understand the little things that brought us pleasure.
                                Ask rary, he goes back to before paper!!
                                Dock leaves could be used for more than nettle stings
                                And the beauty of outside toilets were you could try and find a place where the wind wasn't blowing, the bad thing about the snow was they could find you by the track's in the snow and throw snowballs at you
                                Last edited by rary; 29-11-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X