Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All It snowed yesterday evening and the half an inch that's settled looks frozen. Road is really quiet for a Monday morning. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post

Woke with a start this morning, no idea why
      Oooh!...I wonder if you have had a premonition?.....have you checked your post yet for a premium bond win ?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Yep, cold and clear here too. At least the biting wind has dropped a little for the moment. Enjoy the day folks
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• No frost today, but it's cloudy and very windy. Off on my travels today. I'll try and check in during the week. If I can't, have a great time everyone.

Comment

• We have frost and snow to come, I might go hill walking, but keep off the tops, far too many folk getting stuck up there just now, don't want to add to the mountain rescue lads work load.

Comment

• Morning we have snow not a lot to say how long it snowed yesterday.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning,

We have snow here too and the sun is out. Going to nip out in a bit to BnQ. Friends on my FB are saying the roads are icy out there. So if anyone is out on there travels be careful.

Have a good day.
                Carrie

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  A hard white frost covering everything and bitterly cold.
                  No breeze and the roads are dry, so all good.
                  Stay safe and warm everybody.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• 1st real snow of the season. but wet stuff, so will soon go.

Comment

• Nice and warm again today, no sign of the rain forecast, so have been irrigating the garden. Finished the electrical outlet for our new narrow dishwasher. Fixed up the drain OK, but can't seem to get rid of tiny drops of water at the brass joints of the PEX piping. I suppose that's inevitable, I have quite a lot of PEX piping outdoors with the brass fittings and there is nowhere any leaking.In all cases I use plenty of teflon tape. Maybe someone can advise me.

Comment

• Evening All
                        Sunny this morning (of course) so I washed the bedding. Thought I'd be clever and straighten out the wet duvet cover indoors before attempting to wrestle it onto the line. Why is there always something small and insignificant that wriggles inside the duvet, whilst its in the washing machine? And its always in the opposite corner to the one that you're rummaging in. Fumbling about inside a damp duvet is not a pleasurable experience.
                        Having found the wandering pillowcase, I hefted the washing basket outside, fought against the prevailing westerly, to peg the duvet cover to the line. Meanwhile, the basket blew over and deposited the rest of the washing in the mud! Finally, I managed to peg it all on the line, then the sleet started.
                        Its been sun then rain, sun then sleet, sun then snow all day long. Duvet cover now hanging in the log store and the rest is indoors draped on various things!
                        Apart from that, its been a luvly day

Hope you've had a good day too

Comment

• Evening all,nippy but dry today,my project is slow,had to alter'd it,or i would never be happy,have make a change in my original plan,phew,have a good evening and Bgood 2yourself's.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Fumbling about inside a damp duvet is not a pleasurable experience.
                            Depends on who is with you
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, there was a good covering of snow this morning but started to shift quite early, so it was a cold but dry day, decided to saw up a load of pallets that I got last week so as the boys are off school, and thankfully their mums took some holidays also I phoned up to the older two to ask them if they wanted to saw up some wood, the youngest volunteered so I had him with me sawing up some of the wood, though he wasn't too chuffed to discover that I was using a bow saw and not a chain saw to cut it up and the saw is quite big beside him, he did manage to saw some of the wood, I think I would have got more done by myself plus I would be a bit richer as I paid him for his efforts, still its good to show them how to do things, in the greenhouse later I transplanted some onions and cauliflower, I have them under some lights some are under a grow light and some under a led flood light and at present I cant see any difference, also sowed some more peppers along with petunias and lobelia, I even remembered to write it down in my book. Well have a good day tomorrow drive safely if driving and keep warm and safe try and have a laugh with someone Goodnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty last night but clear this morning! Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X