X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, definately not nice here weather wise
    Nicos, had melon, blueberry and banana with yoghurt for breakfast. Lovely
    Nothing much planned for today, I'm sure there's housework that needs my attention though
    Have a good one
    Condolences Rary, we are off to the funeral of an old friend on Friday
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Same here n'all! Forecast for the coming week don't look much better, either *sigh*

Looks like a lot of garden 'planning' will be done (in other words fiddle with the Excel plan again) rather than actual gardening LOL

Have a good w/e

Comment

• Morning all,sorry to hear about your friend rary,wet here,i have some sewing to do in the next few days,get the bed boards sorted out,look after youselves,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.dry here but a little on the grey side.
          My challenge for today is to find somewhere or something to amuse my young teenage granddaughter who would rather sit in and play games on the computer.
          So sorry to hear about your friend Gary.
          I am sure you are glad you got to visit so recently.
          Take care all and have a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning,

Rubbish grey skies and rain here. So no gardening for me. The weather is meant to be okay tomorrow(what it's saying on my weather app) so hopefully I will be able to get down to the plot. So today I am going to try and finish of knitting my OH socks and maybe finishing my sleeves for my cardi I have knitted for myself.

Have a good day
            Carrie

Comment

• NS....Yey!,...I had watermelon (Tesco) and live yog sprinkled with oats for mine! mmm...
              Very frustrating thing is that I can't buy melons here until the summer, so when the second one has gone I'm going to have to find an alternative.
              I'm even considering chopped cucumber in it's place

All good here...lots of testosterone with the rugby on the TV...nice to hear the OH having fun! (nah....I'm not in the same room)
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, I have heard that Melon is good for weightloss, shame you have no Lidl near.
                Did a bit of batch cooking this morning, six dinners made and now ready to go in the freezer.
                Got to find something to do with fish pie, or I might just freeze it until another day.
                Popped into work and did a few hours there
                Have a lovely evening everyone
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Rary I send condolences. It's never easy. A friend of mine lost his wife on wednesday. I didn't know her very well. She was 43 and they only married last June.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Morning its raining and its looks like its in for the day better than snow though
                    Evening, anyway I spoke to soon about the snow we did have some for a couple of hours ut it didn't hang around for long.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening All

Cold to the core again today, temperature never got above 4° and was accompanied by horrible drizzlely rain. Spent the afternoon painting timber over the plots to make some more raised beds.

Lamb hotspot calling, so enjoy your Saturday night

Comment

• "Evening All"

God I sound like "Dixon of Dock Green"

Back at the helm at an unearthly hour of 3am in the morning

As always! you try have a few days to get your own stuff in order and it all goes "Pete Tong" at work!

So not really looking forward to go put right what's gone wrong! but needs must unfortunately!

On a plus note, was invited over to my long lost friends house to spend the evening and night over the weekend to meet the family!

A self made "Millionaire" (This is a story I'll share with you later) cooked us a lovely steak dinner which was "Awesome"

By! how the other half live!

Oh n Rary! the passing of a friend is never good!

But I always say, when it's my time to go, no! I don't want people sad! just rejoice in the memories of the times we have had together, weather good or bad! and move on with yours coz you still have the time to live it!

Here endeth the lesson!

I'm outa here!
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Thanks for the kind thoughts Folks, good friends don't die they're just absent for a time, we are going over to see his wife, and that could be sore, as they were always together, my wife has been a bit lost today as the two of them have been on the phone daily, and usually for about an hour, how can women fill an hour talking when their not out to do anything
                          today I decided to set up my grow lamp in the greenhouse, and move my seedlings over, the propagating bed is in my potting shed (there should be a wee smug face to put after that last bit) I have also set up an electric heater to keep the greenhouse temp. at 10c when the fire goes out, I will not tell OH just now I will wait to see if she notices it on the electric bill
                          Right NS and Nicos I have decided I will join you in this weight loss task, I will be starting on Monday, I just need to fix what Monday it will be it could be one this month or possibly this year, will let you know when I make my decision. Well enjoy each day, and have a laugh Goodnight
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good on ya rary... let us know when you start
                            I'll see how much I can lose before you begin!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All

Cold and frosty this morning....OH fancies a walk this morning so I have my day planned I have worked out a route that we can get a coffee on route, it's not my fault it happens to be in a GC

Have a wonderful Sunday and keep warm
                              Last edited by Greenleaves; 04-02-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Drizzly start to the day. But it's due to get very wet. Snow forecast for Tuesday. Overall preciptation between now and end of Tuesday forecast at around 50 litres/mm per square metre. Potatoes here I definitely come.

Can't be many people on here glad to see drizzle. And our chickens will loathe it. But the well and I will be very happy.

Hope you all have a great Sunday, wet or dry.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-02-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X