No announcement yet.

Winter Pastimes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at one of those but thought it might get in the way when I'm using the torch to solder.
    I also use varifocals but I now also have a pair of normal glasses just for close up stuff which helps a lot.

Comment

Just got back from footy with my son. He played for 60 minutes and did pretty well but it was more physical than he was used to... so guess who super-subbed for the last 30 mins?
      We did score a goal but failed to prevent them getting to double figures.
      Manager is keen to sign me
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

If I have time I like to sit and read, though that's a year round thing, but in the winter I usually start doing a jigsaw, which can take up to four weeks to complete, which isn't to bad as the box usually says six to ten years
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Having just bought a 12th scale orangery I will be filling it with 12th scale plants. My usual gardening time is in the evenings which are dark in winter. I’m also going to finish the knitted shawl I gave up on in Feb. The baby it was intended for is now too old but another great grandchild is due in Feb 2018 so i’ll finish it for her. The first one will get a quirky jumper which are much easier to knit but the mum and grand mum not being knitters don’t know that.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

My loft railway is OO or 4mm to the foot, non DCC, so the wiring requirements are simple, a scale model of the old Leicester Great Central station and a section in the country just north of Whetstone where I grew up in the 1950's and 1960's. About 6 months into it and a long way to go yet, but a nice winter hobby.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X