No announcement yet.

Hurricane Ophelia...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that two arches down.... had a pile of alpine strawberries to put in but they've disappeared over it the field somewhere.
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

It's starting to pick up a little bit here.
      Look after yourselves everyone.

Comment

Has everyone survived the night?

A sleepless night here. Don't know about damage it's still to dark out there.

Comment

Still super windy here, going to check the plot on the way to work.
          He-Pep!

Comment

Morning everyone, hope everyone is present and correct today
            Nannys make memories

Comment

Catastrophe here - I've just been out to have a look around the garden and it's ripped my pea plants off their supports and snapped some of the stems. I've only had a dozen pods off them so far, the rest needed a few more days fattening up - don't know if they will now or whether I'll have to settle for very petit pois.

Other than that all looked OK in the half light earlier, will be able to check better when it gets really light and the wind's dropped more.

Comment

Sympathies, Chris!

All well here. Even most of the sweetcorn is still standing! Sadly on over of the more exposed plots there's a hen house on its side with a dead bird in it.

Comment

We survived ok, in fact had worse winds in the past. Our hen house blew over too but hens are fine although we don't expect any eggs today. Hope all is well with the rest of you.
                  I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Mousetrousers View Post
                    Our hen house blew over too but hens are fine although we don't expect any eggs today.
                    Ready-beaten omelettes, maybe?
                    ;-)

Comment

There was a howling wind here till about 4am, every once in a while there'd be a scarily strong gust, but overall it wasn't as bad as predicted where I live (though I know others had a much rougher time).

Haven't been to the allotment yet to inspect the damage...our site is really exposed so I'm expecting a big mess.

Comment

Climbing French beans ripped out which is annoying as they were still producing well. However runners and gigantes have survived. Other things a bit squashed buy ok. Found bird table in the field.....

Gh and blowaway both fine!
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

It appears that you all escaped unharmed with a few material things ruined....Nothing that can't be replaced, that is the main thing.

Glad all appear OK

Comment

We seem to have missed the worst of it, hope all are ok.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X