EE are turning off legacy email services 31 May

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE are turning off legacy email services 31 May

Only learned of this by chance on radio. Not a word from EE. Crap service!
    Orange.net
    Orangehome.co.uk
    Wanadoo.co.uk
    Freeserve.co.uk
    Fsbusiness.co.uk
    Fslife.co.uk
    Fsmail.net
    Fsworld.co.uk
    Fsnet.co.uk

Orange, Freeserve and Wanadoo email addresses to shut down

If you want to migrate your sent mail you'll have to do it one at a time.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

I've got an old fsmail address that I use for newsletters, freebies and signups so I've spent what seems like ages moving those over to a new address.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My fsmail account notified me a few weeks ago, and has this in several places, so I think they gave us enough warning tbh
      ORANGE EMAIL IS CLOSING ON 31st MAY 2017. FIND OUT MORE

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      I've got an old fsmail address that I use for newsletters, freebies and signups so I've spent what seems like ages moving those over to a new address.
      Same here just had to be done!

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        My fsmail account notified me a few weeks ago, and has this in several places, so I think they gave us enough warning tbh
        The first time this message has appeared on the log in page was just now! It wasn't there earlier. They could have done this a lot earlier. Don't know what the other places are as I and others haven't visited them.

If they knew about this weeks ago they could have put the flash on the log in screen earlier. As I said before crap service. EE are usually near the top for complaints.
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-03-2017, 05:47 PM. Reason: Fixing Quote
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Danny I also only had my message flash up today but Mr Pots had his weeks ago, strange how we weren't all notified at the same time.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

To clarify, the notice has been there only a couple of days, but I did get a notification that the service would be ending a week or so earlier.

Even if you count from now, they have still given a couple of months notice - it is a pain in the wotsit, but tbh I don't think that is bad notice.

Comment

Warning disappeared!

No it hasn't, senior moment!

Bren, you have my sympathy. I'm gradually working my way through my stuff. It's a pitfall of using an ISP email.

The only really foolproof way is to get a domain name but that costs.

The other saving grace now is that most services now offer free IMAP or POP so you can use a mail program to manage them.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DannyK; 29-03-2017, 04:28 PM. Reason: Old age!
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X