Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It'll only take 5 minutes................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That reminds me I must do the ragwort in the lawn. It will take 5 mins to find my weeding tool

Comment

Put some feed into my rose tub and prune off the unwanted bits = 5 mins.
      Put some feed into three other pots = 5 mins.
      Finish cutting-back my Bay tree = 5 mins.
      Have a sip of Chardonnay on my bench = 5 mins.
      Remove couch grass from the last clump of soil dug up from a raised bed = 5 mins.
      Decide where my pots and onions are going to be planted = 5 mins.
      Hoick out the remaining weeds from these two beds = 5 mins.
      Have some more Chardonnay = 5 mins.
      Find all the necessary tools and garden kneeler in my greenhouse = 5 mins.
      I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Finish cutting-back my Bay tree = 5 mins.
        Have a sip of Chardonnay on my bench = 5 mins.
        Remove couch grass from the last clump of soil dug up from a raised bed = 5 mins.
        Decide where my pots and onions are going to be planted = 5 mins.
        Hoick out the remaining weeds from these two beds = 5 mins.
        Find all the necessary tools and garden kneeler in my greenhouse = 5 mins.
        Retrieve my feed from the front garden = 5 mins.
        Repair the leaking hose so I can water them in = 5 mins.
        Get the bags of onions and pots from the utility room whilst still wearing my gardening shoes thus saving time = 5 mins.
        Look up to the sky to see incoming and amazing cloud formations = 5 mins.
        Write down an order for that new Cloud Atlas = 5 mins.
        Try to identify what variety of singing bird is that coming from = 5 mins.
        Try to identify what variety of pots I have from my scribbles on the egg boxes = 5 mins.
        I could go on, but time flies!
        I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

5 Minutes to create a mobile salad garden

Last year a supermarket trolley was abandoned outside the house, about 3 miles from the nearest supermarket Its still here so I've adopted it!

5 minutes to put a growbag in the basket, cut it open, plant it with lettuce seedlings and sprinkle mixed salad seeds over it!
          Wheel trolley into sheltered corner near kitchen door ready for those summer salads

Comment

My 5 minute job today was pulling weeds from the stone bank while pretending to be a dragon getting caught in traps set by small child on the top of said bank
            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I had a very profitable five minutes:
              Telling Mr Snoop where to put my pea netting, what to use to do it, how long it had to be. In fact all the instructions needed for him to do it.

No sooner said than done wouldn't be entirely accurate. But it is done!

Comment

Another 5 minute job completed!
                Cut back the lemon grass - took off all the dead leaves - and now its green again.
                I've been walking past it for weeks, saying "I must do that" and now I have.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                  Potting up oca - done!
                  Must do mine as well - chitting nicely on the side. Do you keep yours under cover for a bit?
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Next 5 Minute job - deadheading the daffs. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.................

Comment

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                      Must do mine as well - chitting nicely on the side. Do you keep yours under cover for a bit?
                      Yep - until the last frost is gone. Then it goes out (from bigger pots) into the space left by the first earlies.
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Mixing a barrow of potting compost, 5 mins (3 forks rotted manure, 4 forks garden compost, 3 forks leafmould)

Potting up 33 strawberry runners, 5 mins, though to be fair there were 2 of us.
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Bumping thread alert!

Set yourself a 5 minute job and report back when you've done it!
                          My 5 minute job was finding this thread and bumping it

See you tomorrow with a few 5 minute jobs to do.

Comment

Removing last year's tomato canes (need a shamefaced emoji...).

Comment

Check last years diary for Area 51 shut down date.

Comment

Take the overwintered mangetout out of the GH and put a cucumber in its place.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X