No announcement yet.

Missing Images

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the photos are still floating about in space, I have goggled & found several of my images which refer you back to the vine which is both confusing & frustrating. Not wanting to cast aspersions but this problem coincides with the so called upgrade.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Is there any other way to upload a photo rather than using attachments? Would drag and drop work?
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You can upload into the manage attachment thing then insert it into a post (I think you have 1 hour to add it to a post or it gets cleared)

Themanage attachment is available at the bottom of the page when you click on the "go advanced" button next to post quick reply.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Is there any other way to upload a photo rather than using attachments? Would drag and drop work?
          I don't use the "Manage Attachments". I just click on the icon & upload.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	2371517
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

That's what I do BM, which usually works from my pc but doesn't work from my phone.
            Going to try the manage attachments thing now, never noticed it before.

Nah, still doesn't work on the phone. Just get a circle thingy that goes round and round......

Comment

I've tried different methods on the phone but to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by johnjohn View Post
                That's what I do BM, which usually works from my pc but doesn't work from my phone.
                Going to try the manage attachments thing now, never noticed it before.

Nah, still doesn't work on the phone. Just get a circle thingy that goes round and round......
                I know you shouldn't have to do this and it isn't ideal but you can use photosync (free) to upload your pics from your phone to your computer and then upload them from there as usal. Might work?
                A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                  I know you shouldn't have to do this and it isn't ideal but you can use photosync (free) to upload your pics from your phone to your computer and then upload them from there as usal. Might work?
                  I used to use Photosync till it started playing silly beggers so now I use https://shareit.en.softonic.com ...........same principle.

Comment

Thanks both, will give it a try.

Comment

Is it now not ime to accept that the photos are totally lost? If so, to keep peeps, and especially newbies from getting frustrated would it not be advisable to just delete all reference to the lost photos, rather than grapes thinking they had done summat wrong themselves?
                      It gives a really bad impression to anyone just joining the vine,and the same question is going to be asked infinitum.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The thread would become incomprehensible Snadge so would be better just deleting the whole thread where missing images have been inserted. Or at least up to January when the system crashed.
                        Last edited by Bigmallly; 10-04-2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I think it just needs a big/clear banner strip at the top of the page
                          saying that some old pictures are now missing from threads.
                          If peeps know straight out that there is a problem then they won't keep asking about them. Simples.

Comment

Sorry, Thelma, didn't see you there!

This is for Snadger/BM et al

Also, how many missing images does it take to make a thread incomprehensible and a candidate for deletion?
                            If you delete every thread with a single image in, there may be very little of the Vine's "archive" of shared knowledge left.
                            You may as well say - delete everything that happened before the Server crashed and start again.

I don't know what the solution is - wish I did!
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 10-04-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Hey,

Until Chris is back (which will not be for a while) there is no news on the images are at a stand still unfortunately.
                              We can post a banner but as you say there a a large amount of images all over the forum which have been effected. I'm worried to many banners will be a problem.
                              Hannah
                              👩

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                I used to use Photosync till it started playing silly beggers so now I use https://shareit.en.softonic.com ...........same principle.
                                Softonic had a very bad reputation in the past for installing unwanted Adware. It's supposed to be better now, but with any download like this, be careful and do your own research.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X