Oh dear, He took extra cash with him.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear, He took extra cash with him.

I said I was going to stick to a strict budget.

So I only took a small amount of cash with me.

And we got to the snowdrop sale, and I sent him to find a bloomer, and hold it until I came with my pennies, well pounds actually. And he found me buying an Anne of Geirstien with the Bloomer and he had paid for it. He had brought extra cash.

Oh well I was lost at that and my budgeting went flying off over the fields.

Bless him, he paid for 2 of my purchases and told me they were a present.

A lovely morning. We met some lovely people, beginner galanthophiles and hardy ones with determined faces and sharp elbows. Can't be doing with the sharp elbows brigade.

So I am the happy owner of five more interesting snow drops. A green one, and enormous one, another yellow one, and 2 large dumpy ones. And more coming via the postman.

Well, at least you know your present will be something you want :-)

Comment

Good man!

Can you share piccies of the ones you bought so we can see the difference?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Would I be right in assuming that snowdrop prices are related as to how quickly they bulk up?
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post
          So I am the happy owner of five more interesting snow drops. A green one, and enormous one, another yellow one, and 2 large dumpy ones. And more coming via the postman.
          .........and a pair of bloomers
          Can you explain what that means in terms of snowdrops please? Is it that they are in flower when bought or something else?

Comment

I will get OH to take piccies of the ones that are in flower but it will be a while as some are just poking through the soil in their pots.

I will post pictures once they are all through. The Bill Bishop is in flower but has just gone over. The Reverend Hailstone is flowering and that is a very large snowdrop.

As to the price of the snowdrops, their price rises corresponding to the rarity, which would have something to do with how well they bulk up and their hardiness. There were some very expensive ones there, starting at £120 to £400. But I just looked at those. There was another with love green lines on the out petals; within my price range but I really had spent up, so it is on the wish list for next year.

Bloomer is the name of the snowdrop that I bought.

I have had another trip round the garden to see what is coming up and so far, I am pretty pleased with what is poking through the soil. There are a couple that I think I have lost but they are prima donnas and I won't be rushing to get an more of those.

I will however wait and see, as sometimes the little beggars pop up later. Some put in an appearance earlier and some later.

Comment

If it ever stops raining I'll take pictures of mine I inherited when we bought the house, if they are of any use, you can have some.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                .........and a pair of bloomers
                Can you explain what that means in terms of snowdrops please? Is it that they are in flower when bought or something else?
                Think you and me aresinging from the same hymn sheet V.C. we are old enough to know "bloomers " when we see them.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Thank you Burnie, that is very kind.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill Bishop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2370891Click image for larger version

Name:	diggory.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	2370892Click image for larger version

Name:	reverend hailstone.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2370893Click image for larger version

Name:	viridpice.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	2370894Click image for larger version

Name:	snowdrop differences.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2370895

Pictures of the new acquisitions that are in flower.

They picture of the snowdrops in pots show you the size of the Reverend Hailstone, which is a very large snowdrop.

The rest of the snow drops in my collection are just poking up and not ready for their portraits yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse
                    • Snoop Puss
                      Reply to Cooking Tonight #5
                      by Snoop Puss
                      Today, 09:13 AM
                    • Containergardener
                      Reply to Chitchat thread #24
                      by Containergardener
                      Today, 09:13 AM
                    • Holly Daze
                      Leeks
                      by Holly Daze
                      Morning! I’ve grown some leeks from seed and have transplanted them into small pots. To give context they are about 6 inches tall and skinny. When can I transplant them into my raised bed please? This is the second time I have grown these. First time they were devastated by alium moth or something...
                      Today, 08:58 AM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X