The What makes you Happy thread ...part 7

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not had a rant all year.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
      Lovely day at home with children making toilet roll numchucks, trampolining, general arty stuff, making cake & 'skating' on the frozen decking.

Saving OH shirts which had gone crusty with a lot of soda crystals, & saving his ironing by hanging them straight from the tumble dryer (I know, I'm sad!)

Completing my sowing plan which I start tomorrow with chilies & cutting celery.
      What is a numchuck please?

Comment

What makes me happy today:-
        Watching a Goldcrest on the camellia outside the upstairs window. So close I could have touched it - if the window was open Such tiny birds - smaller than a wren! Beautiful.

A day in the garden - not too cold. Just right for weeding!

Still light at 4.30. Spring is on its way.

and, of course,

Uncle Ernie's generosity

Comment

Mr Bee in quarantine with man flu so I get to look after my granddaughter on my own for a few days.

When granddad Bee is around only he will do. When he isn't, I get the cuddles, and loves and reading books, and tickles and giggles and playing.

And she behaves well because granddad isn't spoiling her rotten.

Comment

Checking to see if my chilli seeds are germinating about 6 times a day!

Yep...I know they take longer than 2days....but it's best to check eh?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Just read in the GYO magazine that T & M have donated £250 of vouchers to the pensioner that had his garden vandalised. This makes me happy.
              Congratulations T & M, nicely done.

Comment

Is a numchuck not a Japanese weapon...two poles joined with a length of chain or something?

My happy...a nice frosty sunny day. -4 at the moment!
                sigpic

Comment

Yes it is Jay, unless you make it out of 2 toilet roll tubes joined by a length of wool I blame ninja turtles & myself for ever letting them see it!

My happy - children interested in the garden. 3 year old noticing contents of a pot have changed "where flower gone?" (a very ropey blueberry replaced with bulbs) & 7 year old asking for their own corner of the veg patch to grow multi coloured carrots, & a corner of the greenhouse
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

A wee bird flying free...................
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Bought some smart new collars for the dogs, embroidered with my mobile phone number in big numbers. If they get lost someone can ring/text me - as long as I have my phone with me/turned on/can remember how to use it

Comment

Having a day out with my grand daughter. We had a lovely time and had a nice lunch.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Sitting on a toilet seat in the wet room with granddaughter in a gardening trug as a bath, on the floor.

Blowing bubbles with a 50p giant bubble maker and watching as she giggles with delight catching the bubbles in her wet hands and holding them without them bursting. Pure joy.

Comment

Checked my Sweet Pea seeds which I sowed tthe other day and 23 of thrm have germinated. So pleased.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Bidens, lettuce and radish seeds sown on Monday have all germinated.
                              That means empty space in the propagator to fill = find more seeds to sow
                              It doesn't matter what seeds I sow, I'm always thrilled to see those shoots coming out into the light

Comment

designing a chicken coop and pen,then redoing it,looking up and note taking of things to do or not,there will be no time to do these things when the building starts eh.
                                You others giving me a leg up,to get the prop out and sow the sweet peas i did not sow last year,now just go get it out the shed LD,sow tomoz.
                                MR having the odd tiny walk unaided much better than,but only with me there,also been having a little potter outside with a jet wash,me having a short time on my own down the lottie,whilst MR obeyed my rules at home with son,bless him,me clearing out some of the shed ready for the visits,got the potting area do do more off,just 1 thing more,MR actually admitting for the first time,that he is better than before
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 06-01-2017, 05:43 PM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X