Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son in North Carolina called to let me know he has the coughing bug along with practically everyone he is working with! Is that an epidemic? Nice to see we have something in common with the Queen Janie!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
      Someone's gonna have to try Plectranthus tomentosa
      Plectranthus tomentosa - Vicks Plant - Lamiaceae

Wonder if its smell would be beneficial in the greenhouse?
      Only if you crushed the leaves.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

On our radio station this afternoon it said the flul-like virus thats doing the rounds is developing into an epidemic and its affecting the older, rather than the younger generation.
        Just saying..........

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
          On our radio station this afternoon it said the flul-like virus thats doing the rounds is developing into an epidemic and its affecting the older, rather than the younger generation.
          Just saying..........
          I bet you wish you hadn't.................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Good evening,

I didn't end up going to the allotment. Had to wait in first for a delivery but it didn't show up. But defiantly going allotment tomorrow. Got loads of things to do on there. I need to clean the greenhouse.

There is other uses to use vicks....20 Surprising Uses of Vicks VapoRub You didn
            Carrie

Comment

Good Morning Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Just saying..........

You calling me OLD?...me?
                ta bramble

just had another rubbish night...OH is now starting with it too.
                all 3adult generations....

sorry...forgot to say ...

Morning Flon'all!

have a great day to those who gaven't yet had The Bug...hugs to those still suffering.....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning all from a dark, cool Nestland.......Have a good one & hope the vapourub helped you sleep.

Comment

Morning. Not so cold here today. Children back to school - eldest looking forward to seeing friends, youngest not so keen. It's chili seed sowing day today must remember to turn the propogater on before taking children to school....
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Morning all, there's a lot of that virus going round. Just heard the elderly Aunt has it. She's gone off her food and very weak. She's 92, that's what you call elderly folks lol
                      Popping over to our Daughters today, to deliver our floor lamp which is surplus to requirements, might look at wallpaper in Basehome.
                      Has anybody got any opinions on carpeting the whole house in the same colour? I'm thinking of a mid grey. Input would be gratefully received. I need help, it's becoming overwhelming ....
                      Have a great day folks
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

Morning and another day without frost I can get used to this
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

NS...in the uk we had a cream coloured carpet run through the hall into the morning room and snug, then up the stairs and landing and into both bathrooms.
                          The other rooms had their own coloured carpet .

To be honest it made the house flow and look more user friendly and open plan.
                          Cream wasn't perhaps the most practical of colours but the one colour idea looked great.
                          Many peeps commented on it too!
                          I'd say go for it...with no second thoughts!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'd also say go for it NS. We have 2 types of wood, 3 types of tiles & slate downstairs & while each is nice it does look 'bitty' which I think makes the rooms look smaller. When my brother moved to his new house he had the same wood, running in the same direction & joined perfectly through each room downstairs, & upstairs all the carpet is the same. Admittedly it cost a fairly large fortune but it looks amazing - real sense of continuity & flow.
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

We have a very light coloured wooden flooring running right through the bottomm of the house and it really brings the whole lot together. Bedrooms are each individually colour coordinated. I like thst the bedrooms are different to each other as it gives them their own character.
                              I would say, go for it.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Agree with bramble - bedrooms are private spaces that visitors don't generally go into, so can be more individual to suit the main occupant, whereas downstairs is more public (unless you live in an 'upside down' house like my parents)
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X