Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're certainly more attractive than the work days. I'm feeling my age these days and it doesn't help that I'm now 2 days past my haircut
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, that was a warm night. Sun is up but the clouds are gathering, I think we have to get that storm sometime this afternoon.
      Just remembered I had washed and ironed bedding for my daughters bed...she is staying for a few days from Sunday...laid it on the bed and walked away and forgot about it so that a job I had better do now. If I forget again she will be making the bed up herself! This will be the first time that the four of us, OH, myself daughter and son, have been together without any extended family for years so looking forward to it.
      Anyhoo, think I will go grab a cuppa, unfortunately we have no bacon. Hope you all have a lovely day and the rain doesn't spoil play. See you later.
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, Nicos and VC - you were chatting early. I didn't hear you cause I always leave the iPad downstairs.
        A tiny splattering of rain earlier, then we are set to fair the whole day. Tomorrow may be different ....
        Nothing on our agenda today apart from domestics. Hubby is chief waterer in garden, feeding on a Friday, you know his routine.
        This is a lovely tub of flowers, don't know what they are, but this is the second flowering
        Still can't show you, it won't upload again.
        Anyway, have a great day, I shall return later on
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning all. Our weather has broken. We had a lot of rain overnight. At the momrnt its one of those "calm before the storm" . Grey and black sky and not a leaf on the trees moving. I can tell we are in for a deluge.
          Dont think I will be going to pitch and putt today, especially if there is lightening, I will stay at home and pack for our holiday instead.
          Enjoy your day whatever youre doing
          Jay I hope you have some quality time with your family over the weekend.
          For those who have the bank holiday enjoy.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Me thinks you are getting a tad partial to these long weekends Flo!
            And who wouldn't?!

Anyway, no long weekend here. Wish it were but no bank holiday here. Went out yesterday and bought loads of plug plants, but not all I wanted as they didn't have quite a few things... Anyway, probably just as well. It's so hot here at the moment that everything is taking far longer than it ought to. It's going to take me ages just to do the onions.

Hope you all have a good weekend, be it long, very long or normal.

Comment

• Afternoon all

I was out at 7:30 this morning planting my squash and courgettes in before it got too hot. I was so busy I clean forgot about breakfast and have just eaten it now.

Having a siesta now while it is warm and will venture out this evening when it is cooler.

Had a rain shower which lasted all of 10 minutes then it got hotter still. Water butts are bone dry.
              LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good afternoon, one or two light showers here so far but very muggy, OH wanted to go to a factory outlet shop as she didn't get the mill shop yesterday, just looking round the place nine or ten racks of gents clothing ninety to a hundred racks for women, a slight imbalance there, evidently a man knows what he wants looks at the size and thinks thesilldaymay you then shows them to OH who usually says are you taking that colour, which leads you to putting them back, she gets a couple of bags of clothing the man gets a cup of tea Now back home and will get out to the greenhouse for a time. Enjoy the day whatever the weather
                Last edited by rary; 27-05-2017, 02:34 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Finally made contact with our Daughter today. It has been 9 days since we last spoke. I was waiting to see how long it took for her to phone us.
                  Well, I failed. Made more attempts today and eventually she called.
                  The upshot of that is that we have the GG from Tuesday evening next week, all week. Yipee
                  The ice creams are in the freezer and bed sheets all changed in readiness.
                  Will purchase most of Lids fruit and veg on Monday. She eats so well.
                  Back to gardening, our Oleander, which is in a giant pot by the back door, is looking lovely, white flowers coming everywhere.
                  Well, I hope you all have a lovely evening. I am suffering FA Cup at the moment, so,I'm off to cook dinner
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Oh is that the FA cup hubby must be watching NannySally. I assumed it was some kind of football ha ha. I leave him to watch sport in peace while I listen to some music to drown out the noise. Glad to hear your GG is staying with you, that will be nice.

Picked my first ripe strawberry today - shame there was only one - and first small leaves of lettuce which went into a lovely crisp salad. Yum yum. Love this time of year when food starts emerging like magic - nothing tastes as good as home grown

Rary, sounds like you've had an exhausting day! I hate clothes shopping - so boring - my favourite clothes are my gardening overalls and my pajamas lol. Hope you got some quality time in the greenhouse!
                    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Thanks NS, you have just reminded me I haven't made up my daughters bed, she is arriving tomorrow!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, sitting here going through recordings of Chelsea, I'm glad I never watch it as it was shown there's a lot of faff talked on it, although there is good information also, I especially liked the section about the hostas with J Hogarth and interesting 're the grit to make things difficult for the Vine Weevil. Well it's now just about bed time looking forward to a cool nights sleep without an elbow in my ribs, and chattering Grapes, I think those girls need to do some heavy work, and I bet they sleep all night, enjoy the rest of the weekend, and spread some happiness. Goodnight
                        Last edited by rary; 27-05-2017, 11:23 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all !

Surely I'm not the first up?...cor!
                          Hibou gas only just arrived home after a night on the tiles....literally...she's just come in through the velux window in the roof!

Busy day ahead , might just get time to do a bit more potting up if the rains hold off....

Have a great day peeps whatever you do
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yep Nicos you are the first, Morning Crew, I have a wedding to attend this afternoon in Hampshire so no lotty for me this morning - Lets hops the rain due at 12 is done by the start of the proceedings. Have a great bank holiday weekend if you in the UK and a nice Sunday if not.
                            Last edited by Cadalot; 28-05-2017, 06:26 AM.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning I'm up too.
                              Bright start to the day, but apparantly we are getting rain just after lunch
                              Hope you all have a nice day
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning Nicos'n Cad Hot, sticky and dull here. All but three of my Tom's are now outside. Lunch at my daughter's today. We were hoping for outdoors but I doubt that looking at the forecast. Wish Room Service would get a move on but he's still asleep. That's the trouble with a Kindle - you don't have to put a light on and the pages don't rustle Enjoy your Sunday
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X