No announcement yet.

Stolen Wheelie Bin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has happened to me a couple of times and the culprit was the waste cart/lorry itself. It swallowed the entire bin and I only found out when a neighbour informed me what he had witnessed. Apparently it is a fairly common occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      If my bin went missing I would never think it had been "stolen". Been returned to the wrong house, been taken by a neighbour in error, had been damaged and removed, was hidden behind the hedge and so on but never stolen.
      Then I'd go and look for it and ask if anyone had picked up the wrong bin. Seems so simple to me
      Maybe FB has a history of this sort of thing?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Maybe FB has a history of this sort of thing?
        Maybe but him getting annoyed about it is only effecting him and not solving the problem. It's very easy to get very worked up about things but it really doesn't help and usually causes more problems unfortunately. It's like bearing grudges, you may well be in the right but you feel better if you let it go.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by FB. View Post
          I don't think it's 'OK' to just help yourself to someone else's bin to get rid of your rubbish at their expense. It's downright selfish.
          Why couldn't the neighbour stockpile their rubbish?
          Why should I try to stockpile mine?
          Why should bad manners and stealing be overlooked or even rewarded?

Many local authorities now charge tens of pounds for a new wheelie bin - and during the Christmas period they're not going to hurry one out to me. Why should I pay for a new bin so one of the neighbours can get away with theft of mine?
          You don't actually KNOW that is what is happened this time. It may have done but equally, it may not. If you were considering speaking to your neighbour about putting recycling in your bin when you knew this was the case, that would be fine but that's not true here. You are jumping to conclusions based on a previous occurance (for which I assume you have evidence and not just similar suspicions) so basically guilty until proved more guilty. How would you feel in a similar situation? Added to which, as I said above, you're causing yourself stress by getting worked up about it and I know I always feel much better if I let things go - even a bit smug sometimes as I've been a better person

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi F.B, just wondering if you have had any luck locating your bin?

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Hi F.B, just wondering if you have had any luck locating your bin?
              I got the bin back. It was exactly who I suspected.
              One of the neighbours runs a business from home - three vans and his employee cars create a parking problem for those in our street, and it now appears that he's generating so much rubbish, especially at Christmas or other holiday times when bin collections are delayed, that he needs to use other peoples bins.

It's not the first time our bin has gone missing - both recycling and general waste bins have disappeared periodically over the last couple of years.
              Sometimes we find neighbours rubbish filling up our bin when we want to put our rubbish out, especially a day or two before collection day.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted FB.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

FB there are lots of rules about what you can and more importantly what you cannot do from a private house. Employee's with 3 vans might be beyond the limit.
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X