No announcement yet.

Spanish Slugs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think that's bad try standing behind a cow helping her to calf when said cow produces a big and I mean BIG sloppy pat and your that close she ......................fills you wellie. The farmer didn't stop laughing for a week and for years afterward he would remind me by hobbling across the yard shouting "squelch ........squelch".
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I live in Spain so why haven't I seen any? Oh yes, I know why - they like cool and damp places. We are definitely NOT cool and damp here!
      Just think happy thoughts

Comment

They're all over here Buss, that's why!

Comment

Yucky Ducky Do Dah the rumours are true - the monsters DO eat doggie doo's. It was horrible.

The only good thing about them is that they slither around during the day so are easy to spot.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

The surface of my garden is covered with a mulch of small pieces of porous volcanic lava size 4mm to 8mm. This probably prevents slugs from moving over it. Occasionally I come across slugs under wet stones, but I don't have a problem with them eating plants.

Comment

I found three of these this weekend - they were huuuuge, and disgusting!

Comment

.....yes, unfortunately they seem to be on a mission to take over the world.......
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

They look more like small UFOs than slugs... grim

Comment

6 tonight.....should I start slabbing the garden and buying from the supermarkets?
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

...too dark, wet and tired to venture out to check after work this evening....

But I bet they're there ~ sliming their way all over the garden ......
                      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

I Love this

sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Then there are these chaps

sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Day glo slugs.......brilliant idea!

Comment

Looking through an old copy of 'Organic Gardening and Farming' from April 1978 I came across an article about 'Bug juice method of insect control'. Basically the method consists of gathering samples of the insects that are attacking crops, grinding them in a blender with water, straining the mixture and spraying a diluted solution back on the crops. According to the article this was very successful. The article then reports about a woman in Portland, Oregon in the US. Apparently slugs were decimating her garden so she tried the bug juice method. She reports in the magazine. 'I collected several dozenlugs, put them through the blender with a little water, strained it and sprayed it back over the lettuce, beans, potatoes, etc., she says. 'The slugs disappeared! Not only that, they have never returned.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X