This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening All and nearly Happy Tuesday
    Its been a luvly day for playing in the garden, although I can't remember doing much!
    I'm not stopping long as I'm up to my armpits in seed packets
    Janie, can you buy an adaptor? I always kept one in my soapbag when travelling - but that's not much help to you!. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday

Good night, sleep tight !!

Comment

• Janie, does the hotel sell plug adaptors?
      Just a thought...it might be a way they make a bit more cash out of their clients?
      ( apparently it's something which happened a lot in The old USSR )

I'm still awake having suddenly realised that it's book club tomorrow and I needed to have a quick look through the book to remind myself as it's a few weeks since I read it.
      And nope ai'll not be recommending it
      Last edited by Nicos; 10-10-2016, 11:35 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning I'm curious Nicos what was it? Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin' all..!

Have a good Tuesday ........I'm hoping not to be scraping ice off my car windscreen this morning ...!
          Curious really, as I'd been out early with Toby dog and didn't think it felt that cold, unyet when I left for work a little later at 8.45 - someone had played a prank and frosted my windscreen.....
          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Feels warm here but there is condensation on the car - hope it's not frost!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all
              Now ladies there's no need to be using language like frost ! It's a cool start here but definitely not cold enough for that
              Weeding, mowing and a couple more coats of varnish on my table is on the cards for me.
              Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall !

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Good morning I'm curious Nicos what was it? Have a good day
                The Colours of Heaven by James Runcie

Bit of an historical romance- very light reading with very little depth.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ....yes Flo, LOOKS like condensation here too ..... at the mo..!

Well, while we were out (just getting very slightly light...) I was really excited to actually have sight of an owl ..!!!!
                  I hear them plenty, but have never actually seen one ..... we must've disturbed him perhaps feasting on am unsuspecting victim in the drainage ditch that runs alongside the field .....I would have missed him as the only sound was his eerie cry as he gracefully flew up into the adjacent trees .......he gave me a 'filthy' look as he passed on by...! (I think he was either white/grey, looked quite big ~ a fine looking fellow!!)

Then a little further along, a big, fat pheasant flew lumberingly, noisily directly ahead of me ~ anyone with a steady arm and gun poised to fire would've had an easy target....!
                  Last edited by SusieG; 11-10-2016, 06:43 AM.
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Morning all very cold and misty here this morning.....I really should have brought all my chillies in ive put a couple on the kitche windowsil but the others are still up there...I don't want to look!

Comment

• Morning all, bright, sunny and flippin cold here this morn.
                      Going to start the hoo ha that is packing the single suitcase for holidays. We can only take one case as there are four of us travelling instead of the normal two. Room in the car boot is at a premium.
                      Hubby is whinging because our travel kettle is taking up too much space. What! For a boy who has never packed a case in his life - he doesn't have an opinion lol.
                      Have a lovely day everyone
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning its a damp day here and only 7c in my GH now no wonder my cucs aren't looking too good hope your Chillis are OK Scarlet.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All

A relatively mild morning here with a little sun. Off to the plots later for some R&R after being dragged around the shops yesterday!

Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                            I've skimmed through the posts on this thread as my iPad is about to die. I thought I'd covered all eventualities but hadn't accounted for no sockets to plug the charger into. The only socket is one for a shaver which is too deep for a standard 2 pin plug. I may be offline for a while. I'm actually surprised that a hotel of this caliber has done this and seems to have made no provision in this day and age for people to charge their tablets and phones.
                            Borrow one??
                            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Morning all, a little smirr this morning...I was sure it was to be dry until at least the weekend. Ironing for this morning and loads of it. It's a chore I detest and keep putting it off instead of just doing it right away. I end up with piles of it. And before rary jumps in with any jokes (where is he by the way?) I have piles of IRONING!
                              Just curious NS, why is hubby packing a kettle, does the hotel not supply one? Must be hard trying to get all your stuff in one case...I need one just for my shoes! Hope the chillis are ok Scarlet. Have a great holiday Janie!
                              Hope you all have a lovely day, even if you have frost...brrr!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                                Morning all, a little smirr this morning...I was sure it was to be dry until at least the weekend. Ironing for this morning and loads of it. It's a chore I detest and keep putting it off instead of just doing it right away. I end up with piles of it. And before rary jumps in with any jokes (where is he by the way?) I have piles of IRONING!
                                Just curious NS, why is hubby packing a kettle, does the hotel not supply one? Must be hard trying to get all your stuff in one case...I need one just for my shoes! Hope the chillis are ok Scarlet. Have a great holiday Janie!
                                Hope you all have a lovely day, even if you have frost...brrr!
                                Jay, I'm the one packing the little travel kettle. In the USA, unfortunately they don't do tea, so only coffee makers. The hotel supplies tea/coffee in the foyer, but first thing, a cup of Rosie in your bedroom is lovely.
                                The case is not small either, we will be fine. He just likes to moan
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X