Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, bit of a lie in and now a lazy morning is in order.
    Work this afternoon, so that will wake me up.
    Last of our potatoes today, we've had a good run with them and definately know what we want to do next year. Funny how this gardening thing evolves isn't it ?
    Well, the weather is yucky looking, bit nippy and not a lot of promise. I have washing to do, but it's not today I think.
    Enough rambling, have a great day
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning All

Off to do battle with the new plot, must come up with a better name!

Sublime to the ridiculous weather wise, shorts Thursday, wooly jumper today! Will continue with manual hacking until the new strimmer arrives

Have a super Saturday All

Comment

• Sunny, sunny, sunny! Shed coming down and going back to landlord's house - new potting shed for Piskie on order - delivery date 12 Dec
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

• Morning all, sunny, breezy and a bit chilly this morning! Having read back the previous posts I reckon you should all be in the nutters club...if you're not already! Hazel, I would go with the biccies and tiffin, a little treat when mum gets that five minute sit down...the only one in the day probably!
          Last day with son at home...he is off the North Carolina to do an internship in a hotel for a year. OH thinks he will only last until Christmas, we will see!
          Well as I had a,long lie I'm off to get some brunch, hope you all have a lovely day!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            What-o peeps!

Not stopping to tie the string off tonight - especially if BM's internet finds it de-bil-it-a-ting, so just a quick wave.

What ho Hazel
            Indeed we mustn't be slowing down other members hinterwebbything, so no more 'balls of string I'm affraid mayhap I'll nip over to the hill & we can play them realtime on the pub jukebox instead

Today will mostly be tidying up the collapsed munty frame & removing the blighted Tigerella toms from the veg patch weird though is the Madeira cherries in pots outside the kitchen door are growing fine
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
              Sunny, sunny, sunny! Shed coming down and going back to landlord's house - new potting shed for Piskie on order - delivery date 12 Dec
              Give me a shout if you need an extra pair of hands to put the new one together Pisk'
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                What did you decide on Hazel?
                Pie. Think Rosie was a bit bemused! She loved the quilt though, and the baby's cute.

Attached Files

Comment

Pie. Think Rosie was a bit bemused!
                  She was probably hoping for a bottle of wine.
                  .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Hello all. I'm off to a school reunion this afternoon. Just my year. We meet every Sept. The last few years there have been fewer and fewer of us.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Pie. Think Rosie was a bit bemused! She loved the quilt though, and the baby's cute.
                      That's a pretty quilt Hazel
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I bet she loved the quilt, Hazel. It is gorgeous. I received some pretty handmade crochet blankets when I had my daughter and I was thrilled.

Hope you enjoy your reunion, Janie. Sounds like a fun evening.

Glad to hear the news on Toby, Susie.

It's sad that the evenings are getting darker now. And today is very cold, cold enough to get my comfy poncho out to wear.

Hope everyone has a nice evening
                        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Evenin' all .......

It's not at all cold here, Marie ........ I managed to cut both 'lawns', pleasingly, and there is a lovely brightness to the sky now, a beautiful evening ....... (granted, it's not as warm as the past week.....)

Just given Toby his din-dins ~ poor love was famished ~ hoping it nourishes him properly and not just evacuated as the last meals he has eaten ..........
                          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                            There you go BM that should speed it up for you, if your machine can't cope with half a dozen links in less than 200 posts, the GR jukebox is gonna be a bit thin on tracks this year
                            The difference being that the Jukebox thread along with all the other tribute threads are dedicated threads to specific subjects. Putting them on the chat thread is inappropriate as this issue has been raised in the past, including by yourself if I remember correctly so don't start blaming a brand new Laptop with top of the range Broadband.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• It was a beautiful day here. Sunny and mild, no breeze. Went to Pitch snd Putt. Had to drive twice the distance to get there as the bridge into thr village is undergoing replacement. Meant I had to drive right around the coast road. It was well worth the extra journey as the sea looked at its best in the lovely Autumn unshine.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening Folks, it has been nice here and warm, OH wanted to go shopping today, so took her to Glasgow, I got two pairs of trousers and two shirts, she got -----nothing, now that a good day out, mark you I would never tell her that, then went to a GC where I bought six lily bulbs for £4 I intend taking some scales off and propagating them, and guess what my wife bought.....nothing. No that's not right she bought the coffee. Well I wish you all a pleasant evening, and here is some information for some of you, the reason man was made first was.....so that he could do whatever he wanted without being told he was doing it wrong. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X