No announcement yet.

Bad news, good news

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, for all your good wishes, much appreciated to have some virtual hugs right now.

Anyway, your combined positive thoughts and wishes have done my mum a power of good. She can get up out of her chair unaided, and walk the length of the ward with a frame by herself.

It actually made a great deal of difference when my bro and I noticed she had the lowest chair in the ward, the seat only about 18" off the floor. Got her one with a seat that was a more normal height, and presto! she could get to her feet unaided. One of those little things, but what a difference it makes.

Saw the ward sister today and she said that medically mum was ready to be discharged, they are just waiting for her to be assessed as to her capabilities for when she gets home, but I can see she's not far away from where she was before the stroke. After all, at 98 you're not going to be quite as agile and quick as you were at 20.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
      Just seen this,sorry to hear MH,they are brilliant on ward 25,nothing is a bother even for the reletives,MR was 2 weeks with them,they usually transfer female to 26 did you know about the parking ticket,purchase a few at a time and get it cheaper,also can go in and out as many times as you like during that period,we found it a good saving,that 1st hour is what counts,it happens out the blue with no warning,hugs to you both,and hope for the best,i can share that with you
      Yes, LD, mum's in 26. Thanks for the info about the parking tickets, I've been too frazzled and tired to really take notice of it, but I'll get a weekly one. And isn't the multi-storey car park a boon - done away with the 45 minutes it used to take just to get into the car park. I couldn't believe it the first day I went, straight in and so many empty spaces!
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Brilliant news Mothhawk double chuffed for you & your family Much Love xxxx & few more for your mum xxxxxxx
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Excellent news. So glad to hear it. And well done on spotting the chair. Being independently mobile makes such a lot of difference.

Comment

HI MH,so pleased to hear your good news,my word has'nt she done well ,not used the multi dec yet,i kept getting lost around the corridors as it was,trying to find the eats and drinks,and they were so expensive,good job i had family with me to guide me ,all the best to you and yours,it's hard to imagine it hitting you like it does,so stresseful at the time.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Just popping in for a few minutes to say my mum came home from hospital yesterday, and she's almost back to her old self again She's walking with a frame instead of her stick, but is much better balanced that way. She's washing and (almost) dressing herself (getting trouser legs over her feet is a bit tricky for her right now ) and is eating well, enjoying fresh beans from the garden.

She was so very tired, because she now confesses she was quite scared at night in the hospital, as she can barely see, and without her hearing aids cannot hear very well, so all the night time normal noisy activity of the hospital and the comings and goings of nurses frightened her, so she tried to stay awake.

She slept for 10 hours last night, then I woke her so she could go to the bathroom, and she slept then for five hours more. it's done her a power of good, though she's still tired and gone to bed now.

Thank you all, once more, for all your good wishes and positive thoughts.

Endless wonder.

Comment

Fantastic news MH......................
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Excelent news MH,hope things go from strength to strength for both off you xx
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Welcome home MH's Mummy.
                    Glad to hear you're making such good progress

Comment

As they say in the 'black country' ........ that's banging news ........ play this track to your mum as expression of how I'm sure we all feel .... Much Love xxxx

Last edited by bearded bloke; 30-07-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        is eating well, enjoying fresh beans from the garden.

Excellent you gotta put fuel in for the engine to run & home grown is the best fuel of all fingers crossed for further improvements

Comment

So glad to hear your mother is feeling better and doing well.

My very best wishes to you both.
                          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Thats great news... so happy for both of you!

Comment

Great news, Mothhawk.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X