Isn't 'growing your own' wonderful

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I totally agree with you all. I worked in teaching and it drove me crazy with all the demands and constantly never being or feeling good enough. At the time I had a garden and it was my lifeline, whether being out in it or reading up around gardening. I didn't grow my own veg properly back then, and while at the moment I have no garden, I really look forward to getting some space and getting into growing my own veg, fruit and flowers. I miss being a custodian of a little bit of land, and connecting with the wildlife all around. Reading these forums regularly is making me even more driven.

Helps I don't have a crazy job anymore though too! =D

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Can you ask for a different room? What courses are you looking at?
      I think I may be moved anyway, I'm being a bit awkward in the system now. I'm looking at the RHS L2, either to do both practical and principles or either of them. Fortunately it's one day a week on my day off. Waiting to hear how much it will cost.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinWG View Post
        Hi all,

I totally agree with you all. I worked in teaching and it drove me crazy with all the demands and constantly never being or feeling good enough.
        Helps I don't have a crazy job anymore though too! =D
        Snap! Can I ask what you are doing now?

Comment

A horse and gardening kept me sane after the murder of a friend many years ago. My horse understood me and was there for me. Now it's gardening of a different style in the sun.
          Just think happy thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
            Snap! Can I ask what you are doing now?
            I went into hospital admin and it's so much better. I'm not judged all the time, and I'm in a department with great colleagues. I now get to go home and occupy myself with things I love doing rather than work stuff I've become jaded about.

It was a scary move at first, but fortunately I like to be organised as a person anyway, so I suppose my skills naturally lent themselves to administration. Got to go with what you love and what comes more naturally to you I reckon.

Comment

Ah that's interesting another avenue I hadn't explored.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X