Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddled View Post
    Ha! we had a virago 750!

Husband removed the baffles and it was so loud he set off car alarms wherever he went!
    Some fool at a bike rally laughed and said my husband finally had a machine he wouldn't get his knee down on...thanks for that....ground the sole off the side of my boot on the way home proving just how low he could get it
    I gave up wiith loud pipes back in the 750 Bonniville days, I once snapped the heel of a girlfriends shoe on a fast downhill right-hander, her mum was not best pleased to put it mildly on that particular bend I could get the RD250 over far enough to get sparks of the front footpeg, that was my 'party piece' on the way TO the pub

My motorcycling days are over
    Have you tried a maxi scooter ? They're more fun than you would think for ..
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Eating out can be a challenge these days. So many places buy in ready meals - most pub chains, family restaurants etc are virtually all ready meal based, which since lots of people live off ready meals at home, I don't suppose they notice the difference.
      There's a place in Boston called the Sack Store, which is a high class furnishings and wood burning stove shop, but they also have a fantastic restaurant upstairs, with home cooked food made with local produce. I try to go every couple of week with OH for lunch and we usually leave on a high - mainly due to having drunk two pots of Java coffee.
      I love Indian, but since moving to Lincolnshire, I'm yet to find a genuinely good restaurant. I've been here for 15 years
      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Did it still taste good once you knew the price...or turn to ashes in your mouth?

That's the best of it I am not a fan it was for my friends so never got to try it...................
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Used to be a bike fan back in the 60s.........

Then in the late 80s when I hadn't ridden for some time I was admiring a mates Yam. "you used to ride big bikes Col take it for a spin"

I should have known better, the last bike I had ridden was a BSA Gold Star. I spent the first couple of minutes looking for the kick start, not a good omen. When it was explained that I should use the key off I went, took it very gentle up into third and being on a straight road I gave it some throttle.

Now on a Goldie at this stage the bike would pick up at a steady rate of knots, not this thing up came the front wheel and I am pooping myself.

Slowly closing the throttle I managed to regain control and get the front wheel back on the deck. Turned it round took it straight back to the owner and for once kept me gob shut. Never again 4 wheels or more from then on.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

OH is veggie and too fussy about any cusine outside. so It is always home delivered veggie pizza, cheezy jalapenos and chicken starters for myself and my 2.5 yr old.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
              Now on a Goldie at this stage the bike would pick up at a steady rate of knots, not this thing up came the front wheel and I am pooping myself.
              Know exactly what you mean Potty I also am not a fan of unintentional motorised 'unicycling'

Comment

When Noah was just a lad, i had a BSA Bantam, I came off on a resurfaced road and spent weeks dealing with embedded stones and gravel rash.....never been on one since
                Last edited by Greenleaves; 28-05-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I took (& passed 1st time) my test on a 1956 D1 Bantam, brilliant little machine.

Comment

My first ever motorised transport was a BSA Bantam B175. I came off it a few times, as you do, but never anything serious. The scariest moments were probably the first time the engine seized up and the time I had a rear-wheel blowout. Fun times!
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Sound to me like we all started out on a Bantam, I went from that to a 250 Royal Enfield and then to the Goldie.

Wish I had them now they are worth serious money in good nick.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

All showing our age too! I always wanted a Norton. Our next door neighbour was in the Police and I used to look and dream

Comment

The reason I used the Bantam for the test was my mate who owned it reckoned I'd fail if I took it on my 250 Yamaha I think we would all like to be in possesion of the machines we owned back in the day, also wish I still had my unlimited cc's 'rider' insurance policy, was handy when doing 'you bend you mend it' temporary bike swaps, with that I got to ride benelli sei, laverda jota, triumph tridents (150 & 160) norton commando, kwaker 750 triple (aka Widow Maker), among others happy days

Comment

You know how it is .....

sometimes .........

somethings ........

just have to be done .......

some say if there's not a picture .......

it didn't happen ........

So >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The pub

The pie

The sign that amused me

What should have been about 170 mile round trip ended up nearer 280 after taking the 'scenic circular route' was good to see so many fiels/meadows filled with buttercups
                            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X