Eating Out

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlet, you are so right. TY
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

I t0o love a pie but SWMBO is a fantastic cook and I find it very hard to beat her home made chicken and mushroom, or pork pies and her steak and ale are to die for.

We also are very fortunate in having a local pub the Woodlark at Lambley that is renown for its 'pub grub so we eat out there.

If we go with friends to 'dine out' I prefer something a little more up market with a decent wine list. My pet hate though is oversized plates with bu&&er all on them.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

White or red Pots?

Comment

Either providing it's (a) alcoholic and (b) suits my palate.

Got caught once, friends had taken me out for my 50th and they paid for everything. After we had dined and knowing they liked a glass of bubbly I went to see the wine waiter and asked if he had any good champers, he affirmed they had and without asking I ordered it.

Then I got the bill .............................................£326......................nearly had heart failure.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

OMG!

Comment

Exactly my thoughts too. However once I had opened my big gob I had to grin and bear it..........

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Did it still taste good once you knew the price...or turn to ashes in your mouth?
                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

**laughing ** , oh potty I hope it was worth it

We rarely eat out as so disappointing , OH likes my cooking (he can cook when bothered) , we try and go out once a yr but it's always Rubbish.
                  Surprisingly we have a fantastic Indian 15min drive away , best we've ever had . The rest if takeaways locally are dross tbh ! Basic !

oH loves pies, I limit them , I'm not a huge pastry fan but do make my own. I use hairybikers pie cookbook (which OH bought me funny enough) , never made a pork pie. Do,you mean pork pie as in proper pork pie? Eat cold?
                  Northern England.

Comment

I don't enjoy eating out any more. I had to eat out a lot with customers in my last job. I enjoyed it at the time. I was a sociable person and enjoyed a night out. Now I hate the thought of going out for a meal.
                    OH is a good cook and vey tidy. The kitchen looks better when he's finished than before I think I have become a bit if a food snob, it must be fresh and made from scratch. I remember my son saying when he came home from uni. There no food in the cupboards just ingredients.
                    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
                      I'm assuming your bike has an engine then
                      Currently trying to convince Mrs.BB that I NEED a 750 Virago for sunny day pint & a pie runs but still NEED to keep the 600 Silver Wing for wet day pint & pie runs

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Ha! we had a virago 750!

Husband removed the baffles and it was so loud he set off car alarms wherever he went!
                        Some fool at a bike rally laughed and said my husband finally had a machine he wouldn't get his knee down on...thanks for that....ground the sole off the side of my boot on the way home proving just how low he could get it

My motorcycling days are over but Dave is currently riding a Divi 9 and has an XJR 12 in the garden to chop as his summer project
                        http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                          Currently trying to convince Mrs.BB that I NEED a 750 Virago for sunny day pint & a pie runs but still NEED to keep the 600 Silver Wing for wet day pint & pie runs

That's gorgeous BB!
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by Bal View Post
                            I remember my son saying when he came home from uni. There no food in the cupboards just ingredients.
                            One of my boys is a food snob. He was totally shocked when he visited a friend and she gave them a microwave ready meal for tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bal View Post
                              There no food in the cupboards just ingredients.
                              Our kitchen is like that and I'm sure we are healthier for it. I'm firmly convinced that the closer the things you eat are to what they looked like when they were alive the better and the more things are processed the more unnecessary extras are added which you wouldn't expect. Reading the back of some convenience food is enough to send you into a blind panic!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Yes, the "processing" seems to add calories/carbs and sugars to meals too. A small ready meal lasagne has double the carbs of a lasagne of the same weight made fresh at home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X