Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all I don't think the rain has paused all day. I guess that's good because I don't need to water the newly planted shrubs but it doesn't get us any further on in the garden. Am enjoying a quiet day indoors in the warm. Starting to get hungry so going to raid the fridge.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Miserable out here too.
      I seem to have the munchies as well today
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Having said that,I'm about to have a brew...anyone fancy joining me?
        I have some dry fruit cake needing eating up....butter and cheese will make it highly edible!
        Alternatively I have a few shortbread biccies reaching their use by date ( Nov 2016)
        Last edited by Nicos; 09-04-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Afternoon all. Well my sister has been and visited. She is on the train home now. The bad luck fairy visited again but my sister sorted it out. We were at a petrol station when a guy drove past and clipped my car. He wasn't going to get away as my sister stepped out in front of him and got him told the only way my sister can. So think the bad luck fairy got a real ear full as well. The car is fine though
          Turned wet here again so sat here watching kids tv.
          Have a good afternoon everyone.
          sigpic

Comment

Afternoon all!
            After my morning shift wasn't expecting to be able to get out in the garden, due to wet weather
            Fortunately, the sun had got his hat on and came out to play, just long enough for me to get a couple of hours digging/ weeding in, before our old friend mr rain decided to put in an appearance.
            Anyway, I was hungry and tired, so a darned good excuse to pack up for the day...
            DH now taking me out for a bite to eat!
            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Afternoon, its been a nice sunny day here GH temp got up to 28c

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
              Morning all. Back from Vegas and looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to!

Meanwhile, here's a pic of spring in the Bellagio conservatory...
              Welcome back Martin and thanks for the photo
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I've pretty much caught up with the last week's forum posts now.

CraftyMarie and NVG, I'm sorry to read about your losses. Many condolences to you both.

Nicos, fingers crossed for you.

Mark and others who suffered from the recent gales, hope you are picking yourselves up and moving on.

Jon, hopefully your trials are behind you and you'll be on an up curve for the rest of the year.

AP, I bet you're looking forward to knocking your new garden into shape.

Meanwhile, Mrs H and I have had to do a bit of clearing up the broken glass left by the burglers who stopped by the house while we were away. Oh well, that's the price of holidays these days. We're getting the door fixed and the locks replaced on Monday.
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Oh bugger, that's not a nice thing to come home to Martin Hope they didn't make a load of mess as well
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 09-04-2016, 03:53 PM.
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                    Oh bugger, that's not a nice thing to come home to Martin Hope they didn't make a load of mess as well
                    Just kids I think. They opened all the drawers but didn't disturb much. They took 2 bunches of keys and a few bits of cheap jewelry. They didn't look very hard or they'd have found some cash too.

All in all I feel we got off lightly.
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Horrible thing to come home to, Martin. Hope you won enough to pay for the repairs

Comment

Flipping heck

We're going to need to do something about that sh!t fairy. Hopefully NVG's sister has done the trick

Still - not nice to come home to Martin.
                        Keys? Are you going to need to change locks now...just in case?
                        Flipping pain.

Comment

We now live in a world where you cannot go out at the ssme time twice or some little toe rag cops on and tries to burgle your home.
                          Last year the priest even warned us about going to the same mass at the same time every Sunday.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Yes sad times when you go away for a nice break and come back to being broken in to. Sorry Martin that's a horrible experience. Am glad to hear they didn't get much but still must be upsetting that someone has broken into your home.

I've had some friends who have been burgled twice and both times the thieves went straight upstairs to the wardrobes to steal jewellery. Unfortunately the first time they got loads of valuable items and the second they came away empty handed as they'd installed a safe in a hidden place. But the police said never keep valuables in wardrobes or drawers in bedrooms as its one of the first places they tend to look. They target jewellery, cash and easy to grab electronic gadgets.

We don't have anything very valuable (my money is spent in the garden lol) and certainly not jewellery as I don't wear it apart from my wedding ring. But we always take the computer round for my parents to look after before going away just in case.
                            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Well! What a day! Did the plot for a few, then approached by allotment secretary! Local rag on site yesterday! Why?

When questioned! Leaked document! Seems the council are deemed to shut down the lot!

Over my dead body!

Crises meeting set for 12 tomorrow! Wish us luck!
                              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I do wish you luck- that's dreadful!
                                Let us know how you get on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X