Wake up call or what.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancee View Post
    Our Gas meter box is an eyesore too! The door blew off and away and I painted it cream last year with some spare paint as it was a manky mess. I was wondering if I could get a new one from the gas board? But I haven't got round to it yet, it's only been bothering me for three years!!!
    Humm. From my experience in the last few weeks, the gas company will provide the meter but you are responsible for the box. To be quite honest as far as I can remember, our utility meters were never in a box unless the householder chose to build one and that hasn't changed. Just that nowadays you can get ready made ones.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
      Um, according to the media the only thing you really need to do is paint everything bland.
      Would that be apple bland, apricot bland, or magnolia bland?
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
        Any and all of those and include brown, grey, beige etc commonly known as greige.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          I like "bland"

Comment

Actually, bland can be quite restful sometimes.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Actually, bland can be quite restful sometimes.
              Blend is good too...particularly if it a whiskey one...
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

I have turned a blind eye to cleaning the bathroom. I detest cleaning the bathroom.
                All the home improvement programmes like the colour magnolia. Its meant to allow the house view imagine a blank canvas.
                sigpic

Comment

I turn a blind eye to pretty much everything in the house and garden. The only thing that doesn't require a blind eye is the upstairs bathroom

Just for the record, when I moved here I went through the entire house with white and magnolia. It was the quickest, cheapest, easiest option and as a result the house looks cleaner and brighter. Besides it can always be accesorised

I don't understand why some people are so mean about magnolia

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^Seems to be the colour of choice for rented property and it also has to be that colour when the tenant leaves.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I lifted the landing and stair carpet 16years ago not long after we moved into this house it was bright red with a swirly pattern, YUK! OH came home from work and wasn't best pleased - red carpet was better than no carpet we had visitors staying the following weekend and I couldn't believe the noise due to having no stair carpet but I knew Iwould get it sorted, then other jobs got in the way. ITS still on the to do list!

Comment

Mine was all magnolia when I moved in - I HATE magnolia. I've gradually painted the whole house... white instead!

Bland enough?

Comment

Only having lived here 2 and a half months I really need to sort the kitchen cupboards out (dog towel, hair dryer, 4 pack of soap, mobile charger for a phone we had 10 years ago and bag of flower pots) and in the corner I have a stack of big plates, little plates and bowls all wobbling around on top of each other.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Stripped hall stairs & landing 2 1/2 years ago....lifted carpet......all ready for it to be reskimmed and then decorated. Several plasters no shows and broken promises its still bare walls and no carpet.....I dont really notice it anymore
                            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Can I nominate the neighbours opposite letterbox? The spring on the flap has been broken for several years and it flaps at the slightest breeze- all day and all night.

Comment

well I took my manky meter box this morning and sanded it down within an inch of it's life. Well it wasn't alive but if it had been . ANyway, took it into the house because it was raining at the time and undercoated it with brilliant white. Refitted it in situ late afternoon and recoated it with brilliant white gloss paint. I know, I know, I should have given it longer but we won't be here. Anyway, hopefully it will get a chance to dry before the rain returns. It looks really smart albeit with a very visible cracked door.
                                Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 29-01-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X