No announcement yet.

Possible job for VC.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I starred on Beechgrove garden last year.................................<giggles>

remember, championship celery, championship broad beans, brassicas to die for. Just wish I had videod that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I'd get to the end of an hour's gardening slot and not mention plants once
      The art of tangentisation perfected here

Comment

Each week you could do a spot 'one gardener and their dog' (or cat, tortoise etc) and feature one of us hapless bunch explaining how we garden against the 'elements' that we live with it: problem pets. We could explain how to rescue gardening gloves from the jaws of a gormless Rottweiler or how to rescue a Guinea pig from the fish pond. How not to cry when you've bashed your knee again tripping over your dog, how not to strangle the cat whose left deposits in the holes you'd dug for petunias... I reckon it'd win awards!
        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

It'd be more like real life than the fantasy weed-free gardens on GW

Ancee, you could do a slot on building a pizza oven in the garden and we could bring our veggies to use in the toppings. Make mine a kale and courgette one please.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
            When I starred on Beechgrove garden last year.................................<giggles>

remember, championship celery, championship broad beans, brassicas to die for. Just wish I had videod that lot.
            I'm wracking my brain trying to remember .....

You weren't the wee fat bald bloke, who was drunk and leering after Carol, were you ??
            Last edited by KevinM67; 14-01-2016, 10:48 PM. Reason: smiley added to ensure AP knows I'm kidding on.
            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Were you really on beechgrove? I've had months worth taped and have just finally had the time to watch them all! Can't believe I missed a star in the making! I've missed loads because I haven't been on here
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Thought I might apply for it do you think the BBC is ready for me.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                  Were you really on beechgrove? I've had months worth taped and have just finally had the time to watch them all! Can't believe I missed a star in the making! I've missed loads because I haven't been on here
                  Sadly no longer available on Iplayer but if you have a "back catalogue" recorded it was ... Episode 22 of the 2015 season ... there was a bit of on forum chat in this thread
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                    Thought I might apply for it do you think the BBC is ready for me.
                    Nobody is ready for you, Lumpy.........or me

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                      Ancee, yups but it was brief to put it mildly but it went well. Not a star in the making though. If I was a loaf, my dough would have risen as far as it was going to

Comment

^^^^^ Honestly though AP - you have a plot to die for, you could tell that Jim was quite impressed.
                        Last edited by KevinM67; 20-01-2016, 01:23 AM. Reason: plot to die for rather than a plot to die which is pretty morbid.
                        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                          Ancee, yups but it was brief to put it mildly but it went well. Not a star in the making though. If I was a loaf, my dough would have risen as far as it was going to
                          Better to be a rising lump of dough than a stale old crusty thing

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                            ^^^^^ Honestly though AP - you have a plot to die, you could tell that Jim was quite impressed.
                            Kev, the plot isn't that special. I spend at least a couple of hours there weekdays and I think that is what shows.

Thank you for the lovely comment though.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Better to be a rising lump of dough than a stale old crusty thing
                            Vc you have such a lovely way with words

Xxx
                            Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 16-01-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Thought you'd like an update.
                              Out of 400 applicants, there are only 8 left and the screen tests were today

Comment

when do the results come in,i take it your in the running,else how would you know about the screen tests
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X