This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some boiler manufacturers.

Went to a new client today on a routine boiler service. Not having done one of these before my chap read the service instructions. First line all seals must be replaced on service rings me with the part number for the service kit, when I find out the price I ring the manufacturer to confirm it is absolutely necessary answer..... yes or you lose your extended warranty.

Here's the rub the service kit is close to £150 yes that's £150 so with our charges the bill would be just over £200 for an annual service. At that rate the extended warranty isn't worth the cost of service.

Moral do not bay a Remeha boiler .................rob dogs
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Paint that says ONE coat and didn't, and doesn't.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Seems very quite on GYO, especially when your tired and poorly and just want to veg out and read threads and comment some useless stuff
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Delivery drivers who don't even try to deliver a parcel just leave a form for us to go and collect it from somewhere else. I was here and would have come down the drive if you'd bother to beep your horn as is normal in these parts.
          And CD companies who don't send Blackstar - it was ordered on release day, before he died, so unexpected demand is not an excuse.
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Folk sat in "Ivory Towers" Who haven't got a clue How the real world works!

Pressing send is not the answer to all your prayers!

Although I Dream of being the "Secret Santa" Do you realise we are not awarded a "Santa's Sleigh" and a friendly "Red Nose Reindeer" which runs purely on "Christmas Spirit! Which ya get for nought!

You asked me to get the stuff delivered! Which I did! But in a fleet of wagons which drink copious amounts of diesel! At a cost!

"Get Real" You otherwise unreal and out of touch idiots!

Rant Over!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I don't care that you "Tell it like it is", you thoughtless old bat.

You do not tell someone who has had to have a facial skin graft that they look awful the first time you see them without a dressing. There was no need to comment at all.

I better stay well away from you until I calm down!

Comment

And I can totally get where your coming from Greenishfing, my Missus suffering the said same thing!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

My minor rant is light hearted so please don't expect a hissy fit..............................

My rant is about this forum the Grapevine and all of the Grapes who belong to it.

Why you may ask.

MFB's I answer.

So since joining the forum I have seen quite a lot of references to these mysterious objects, how useful they are, how cheap they are blah blah blah

So I finally found out what MFB stood for - Moddison Flower Buckets

Last week I finally spotted some under a table 8 for 99p, I'm in thought I and bought 3 lots e,g 24 buckets.

Today the huge stack of them were singing to me like evil little sirens....too late to plug my ears I bought another 24.

I now have a bucket addiction and it's all your fault (naming no names but thinking about pots).

What on earth am I going to do with 48 buckets?
                  Last edited by Lumpy; 16-01-2016, 02:05 PM.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                    What on earth am I going to do with 48 buckets?
                    Grow 48 plants?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Leeks - alium leaf miner above and voles below. Bit of a mess.

Garlic - leek moth (I think). Lost half my harvest and had to buy garlic for the first time in three years
                      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

A little like you "lumpy" get a little myphed with abbreviations! The one in particular is "Imao" or summat like! Haven't a Chuffin clue what it means!

Comment

Well seeing as you mention me....................First well done you your portable veg patch begins. Everything from runner beans to tomato's to spuds.

Pity you have so few but it is a start

Don't forget the drainage holes in the bottom.
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Deano it means Independent Martial Arts Organisation.................................
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                              A little like you "lumpy" get a little myphed with abbreviations! The one in particular is "Imao" or summat like! Haven't a Chuffin clue what it means!
                              Laughing my ass off at that Deano..
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                                Laughing my ass off at that Deano..
                                Or..............it could be IMHO..............In My Honest Opinion.................
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X