Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting lunch ready to serve I dropped a pyrex dish of mashed potato squarely on the kitchen floor. The result can be very aptly described as smashed to smithereens. There were tiny slivers and specks of glass from one end of the kitchen floor to the other, couldn't have been a space more than 3" square that didn't have glass in it.

And me standing in bare feet the furthest end from the door.

Grabbed the nearest thing to hand, a damp dishcloth, and wiped a track to the door so I could get out and get some shoes on so I could clean up.

Then lunch with no mash

On the plus side, the kitchen floor has been swept, hoovered, and washed
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Being rapped across the knuckles for trying to steal one of SWMBO's hot pork pies...............
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
        Being rapped across the knuckles for trying to steal one of SWMBO's hot pork pies...............
        Folks not understanding that they should be happy to have only been rapped across the knuckles for such a wicked crime
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Whingers! (No, I'm a ranter, there is a difference. )

This particular person has spent a couple of years (seems much longer) bemoaning the fact they do not see enough of their grandchildren. This has been due to a difference of personality between them and the grandchildren's mother. This does not surprise me, as this person's children are perfect, and everyone else is a waste of space...

Now, things have changed, and this person looks after the grandchildren frequently. I do not know why, I do not care, I am sick of listening to this person's whingeing, and have long since switched-off!

You'd think all would be well in their world, wouldn't you?

However, the frequent whinge now, is how long the grandchildren have been 'dumped' with them, and how far/how long/how early/how late this person has had to be/go/do/drive/whatever, these grandchildren.

Part of me says 'Be careful what you wish for...'

The other part of me say SHUT THE CHUFF UP! You whingeing old !@£$%^&*()_)(*&^%$£@

Oooh, I'm on the right thread for a change!!

As you were.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Bin day tomorrow.

Means I have to go out to get our bin out where we have locked it away because someone keeps putting their rubbish in our bin and filling it up so we can't put any more in.

It's just a ball ache having to go get it out the storage room every time it's bin day.
            Carrie

Comment

• People who talk rubbish

Comment

• Waiting in for a parcel that i thought would of come early morning as the others have.....but nope not here yet and i want to go out
                Carrie

Comment

• Waited in for my parcel to come and it hasn't come....

I could of gone out if I knew it was not coming today even tho it says it will be delivered today.
                  Carrie

Comment

• Dear computer.

My goodness you did do a good job of messing with my head today, didn't you? I thought I had you licked on these random intermittent glitches by performing that well known fix of a total log out/shut down/power off/make a cup of tea/fire up again.

I've even passed the advanced course of repeating the above with a *tiny* alteration in the order of doing things until - with no discernible logic - all works again.

You've taken it a stage further today by all of a sudden deciding not to send emails at work anymore. Oh, right. This needs a quick fix as a company without emails is not a company for very long, meaning that I had to go all through the rigmarole of spending the whole sodding day being shuttled between the two tech companies (one hardware/telephony; one webmaster/mailhost), neither of whom can communicate with normal people. And on top of that, do not seem to be able to talk to each other, except via my technically tin ears.

We all know that there are settings to be altered - if only one of those clever chaps could tell me what the smtp setting needs altering to. How hard could this be?

In order to set everything out to both tech companies in terms I can understand, I've spent an hour composing an email to them both (from my hotmail account), complete with screen shots, and supporting information.

Double checking that I had stated the position correctly, I re-checked your existing settings, clicked through, and lo and behold you've decided to work again.

I hate you.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^ Funnily enough I have just come on to moan about an agency that rang to say I was not answering their e-mails and not covering the work sent.

Trouble is I haven't had any e-mails for two days, they run a check and neither has any of their other contractors either. What's more they were not bouncing back at them so they had no idea.
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I blame Hazel, Potty.............................Oops, sorry NCOTRT.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• NCOTRT that should be NCITRT .... we're in Britain not chuffing America
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• You'd better have a chat wi your fellow Mods...............

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1411196
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• now I don't normally chuffin eck on here but what the chuffin eck you on about BM? That link just points to the Rant thread and wot the chuffin eck are the acronyms about?

Comment

• hmmm, worked out the acronyms.

ermhh my rant, - Acronyms.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X