This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear your news Jay.
    Off to the solicitor shortly to see where we go with Mum's will.

Comment

• So sorry to hear your news Jay
      Two youngest are off school for next 2 days, so movie night tonight me reckons...
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• Hope it goes well Wendy

Comment

• Sorry to read about Alfie dog Jay xxx
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,
            Bright and sunny but gosh it is cold brrr.
            Not really sure what the plan is, taking it easy i think so the OH can manage the day out tomorrow
            Good luck Wendy x

Have a nice day everyone
            I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Bit on the cool side this morning but the forecast is for a good day so im sure it will get warmer as the day goes on.
              Off to the market this morning and then a walk on the beach.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Really sorry for your loss off Alfie dog,hugs to you
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all! Just back from a week in the sun in Malta, so I'm trying to catch up with all your news.

Jay, so sorry to hear the news about Alfie.

And Lisa, I was gutted to hear about your polytunnel. I hope you managed to rescue the plants in there and are getting things back to normal again.

Scarlet, well done in helping that little old lady before things got serious.

Now I'd better get on and finish unpacking. But just to make you jealous here's a picture of pepper plants being used as ornamental bedding, by a bus stop in Mosta:

Attached Files
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I've got the day off work today and have just said goodbye to the rest of the family who are off back to Ireland for a few days.

It's peeing it down outside.

Anyway, I need a haircut - so will head into town, get some seed potatoes (and anything else that takes my fancy) and try and squeeze in a couple of swallies.
                    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Oh, so sorry Jay, I'm winging big hugs your way chin up x

Comment

• Wet and horrible here too Kev.

Martin, did you nick any seeds? hope you had a good time

Comment

• Gloomy ol' day here too

The good news (struggling!) however, is that is only going to drop 1 deg or so overnight from this temperature. Bad news is that it only 4 deg at the mo, and the heavy constant rain that has been falling since first thing is likely to continue through much of the night.

Why does this matter to sensible folks who are tucked up with a nice fire and hearty fare to look forward to for tea? It doesn't - it only matters those who are donning a pair of capris and a hi-viz tee at teatime and heading out for what the coach has cheerily termed 'a long hills session'.

Tell you what - I baked these abbey crunch last night - let's put the kettle on...

Attached Files

Comment

• Here yer go Hazel (no string needed)

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Very good, BB! The wisdom there can be distilled as 'if you go out training even if it is vile, it will pay off' - which is very true.

I notice that it did not say 'if you go out training even if it is vile, you will feel like Mrs Smug of Smugsville in the pub tonight', however this is *equally* true!

Comment

• Hazel, those look amazing, i must admit i am very rubbish in the kitchen when it comes to baking.
                                I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X