Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delighted to hear youre good news Jay.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lovely news Jay...I'll celebrate with my pink bottle of fizz tonight. OH was going to take me out but I popped into town to meet a friend earlier and bought some tuna steaks for a Friday treat instead.

It was freezing cold when I parked up to collect my boys from school, I can't be bothered with finding a space so I make them walk to me. Anyway, sat waiting and this very elderly lady came near my car, she looked a little lost so I wound down the window and she chatted about going to church to meet someone. Hmm, we are at the junction of a very busy road, quite away from a church, she didn't have a coat!!! She seemed a bit confused and then I looked down and saw her pink slippers!! I got out of the car and said I thought she should go home, it took us 15 minutes to walk back and her poor husband had only just realised she'd gone missing and was searching the bedrooms for her. Such a shame, he looked really stressed. So sad.

Comment

• Oi Jay xxx

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Well done Scarlet, for looking after that lady. Goodness knows where she might have ended up if you hadn't been there. Such a worry - at least she knew where she lived.
          Everyone ready for the weekend?

Comment

• My thoughts exactly VC, bless you Scarlet
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Nice action Scarlet...
              Well done you! Enjoy the fizz...
              Usual winter's Friday night here...
              Nice fire, goodies and movie with kids...
              Eldest is just finished some exams and is on midterm now...only seems like she went back after Christmas

Anyway it's wine o clock for me...
              Last edited by Tripmeup; 12-02-2016, 09:26 PM.
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Just popped in briefly to check on how Alfie went on.
                Brill news...that's put a huge smile on my face!
                Give him a hug from me xxxxxx
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well done to you Scarlet. When my mother was in the early stages of dementia, and before we realised it, she started going out alone.
                  It was good and kind people like you that brought my mother and others like her home and kept her safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening Folks, Marie I get hissed at and I dont have a cat, Scarlet that was a very kind thing to do, was sunny here today so went a walk with youngest grandson, where do they get the energy, then to hospital to visit our friend, it was sore, so wish you all a goodnight and keep well.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• In Recognition:

Attached Files
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all!

Happy weekend

Off to market in a while- want to get there and back as early as poss otherwise we'll be out for half the day
                        We have wet stuff again...not sure what the rest of the day will bring.
                        Hibou says hello to you all.

Oh...actually she's asking me for her breakfast
                        Kettle's on...anyone fancy a brew?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No thanks Nicos as I was up really early and after 3 mugs of coffee I am beginning to slosh when I walk.

Cold again....whoop whoop die little sluggies die!

And for Jay.......

And for Scarlet............

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Lumpy; 13-02-2016, 07:42 AM.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Yes please Nicos, mines gone cold whilst reading the Vine.
                            Rain is forecast from start to finish today, oh joy
                            Charity shop work thus afternoon, so all good there.
                            Had a lovely chat in the week with 93 year old Doris, our oldest volunteer
                            She was telling me how it came about that she got a new heart valve at the back end of last year.
                            She was so animated and joyful telling her lucky tale. It really was a case of right place, right time, right surgeon.
                            Even so, the anesthetise still tried to talk her out of it before he crossed his fingers and put her out.
                            Enough of my rambling, have a great day.
                            Thanks for the tea Nicos
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all and Hi Hibou

Scarlet you are a little gem should be more people around like you.

The wind is so bad here everything is blown everywhere, might have to pop into town but i really do not want to go anywhere the next few days, kept us up half the night and it is going getting worse
                              Woke up in the night with a fever hot, cold, sweaty thought here we go i am going to be really ill the next few days but i am completely fine this morning thank goodness.

Hope you all have a lovely day x
                              I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Morning all - the start of Half Term which should prove fun! Hoping we have some nice weather this week so we can all get outside more. I need some wind-free (hopefully dry) days to get in the polytunnel and clear it all out and do whatever repairs are needed. The green bin will certainly be full this week.

I told Amy she didn't need to get up until at least 8 but true to form she woke at 7 So I still have brain fog going on but a cup of tea might sort that.
                                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X