Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or does no one talk anymore?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or does no one talk anymore?

Im naturally yappy and love to talk about anything or hear other people talk yet when Im at work people are so miserable and either sit in silence or staring gormlessly at their phone. I myself have been brought up in the generation where phones and computers are the be all and end all but humans need some social interaction surely?
    Even the older generation sit in silence, just looking about or head down so they dont have to speak. We all work in customer care and I understand that dealing with customers is draining sometimes but what happened to the lively break rooms?
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

I would imagine a factory environment would tend to be more verbally active but that's just my thought.............Besides, I talk so much on here, I'm too kn4ckered to talk to anyone else..............
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 11-11-2015, 10:17 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

People tell me to shut up as I yap too much - or just ignore me

Comment

I must admit to talking all day. I talk to my patients and not just about the reason they are in hospital. I will tell them personal anecdotes if appropriate I Also chat to my colleagues all day. Considering I don't watch telly or listen to the news at all I never run out of topics to talk about.
        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

You need to come and work with me at the charity shop. We are such a happy bunch, laughing all the time. Customers always say what a friendly shop it is.
          I know I'm lucky .....
          Nannys make memories

Comment

Very chatty round here

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
              You need to come and work with me at the charity shop. We are such a happy bunch, laughing all the time. Customers always say what a friendly shop it is.
              I know I'm lucky .....
              Yeah well thats what I thought working with people should be like, yeah i get a few A-holes but a majority are lovely and I have my reg who come in asking for me. Loads of times Ive been told its nice to see someone enjoying their job, so customers must pay attention to the staff and their demeanor? I sometimes think people must think im odd, but I just like people.

Comment

I can easily go a fortnight without talking to anyone apart form the other half

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  That is so sad. Talking is an essential part of being human and having social contact is very important to our well being. We are not meant to be solitary animals
                  Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Some people are quite happy with their own company. I can do either but as I am shy I'm not a great talker.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      Amateur, I can go a month...................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Just an observation but the majority who say they like to talk are women I wonder what significance that has, myself I am quite the shy retiring type who only speaks when spoken to, or when I am given permission
                        Last edited by rary; 11-11-2015, 11:41 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I talk to myself every day. Still don't get a sensible answer.

Comment

I talk a lot at work. At home less only because After half an hour my wife get an headache so I shut up. More then talking I shout. Someone asked me if I was a bit def but I told them no I'm just Italian lol

Comment

I understand that there is people who are quiet in public, my oh is one. But everyone? There was only one other lass who was as yappynas me and she was quite young so I expected her to be stuck to her phone too but no, she wanted to talk over dinner etc. She left a month ago

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X